Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Some assistance on setup please

More
10 years 4 months ago #3445 by PaladinBrewer
Some assistance on setup please was created by PaladinBrewer
Hello,

I have put together several Joomla sites, and still consider myself a 'noob.' This is, however, the first time I've ever had a problem with jquery and mootools duking it out. At least I am fairly certain that is my problem. I'm really confused as to how to setup your plugin, or rather, what settings to put it in to get it to work. If anyone is willing to take a look, and help me out, I would give you my first born child. I've had a problem with this forever and severely need it fixed.

My site is currently at:
test.9thsword.org
I have a side tab on the left (the yellow box "1") I am working on. Minus CSS issues, it works fine, except with my calendar to create an event (RSEvents Pro)
test.9thsword.org/members-only/event-cal...t-event/36-new-event
The tab still works, but the buttons on the calendar do not. Before The tab didnt work either, I was doing it a different way, not sure how I got that much working.

Really, any help would be very very very appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3447 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Some assistance on setup please
Hello,

the main problem for you right now is that you forgot to give jQuery and jQuery UI libraries a sub-version number. Therefore the libraries do not load. When using jQuery 1.9 and over, you need to specify the sub-version numbers (so it loads 1.9.1 for instance instead of 1.9), as specified in the plugin.

Let me know when you are done rectifying this and after checking if it solved your issues. You may have issues remaining once done :-)

Olivier.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3450 by PaladinBrewer
Replied by PaladinBrewer on topic Re: Some assistance on setup please
Hello, thanks for the response.

I guess my confusion there was if I was specifying a number for a jquery that already existed, or what I needed? Anyways I have 1.10.2 in my templates/rt_ionosphere/js/ folder, so I specified that one. Still doesnt seem to work, so either I am still doing something wrong or it's not the problem I thought it was :(

More
10 years 4 months ago #3451 by admin
You forgot the sub-version for jQuery UI (although do you really need jQuery UI?).
When selecting a version in jQuery and jQuery UI in the plugin, there are (and it is also mentioned in the documentation) hints on what to do... for instance:
jQuery v1.9 (specify sub-version). That is: you need to specify the sub-version.

Moreover, you need to remove the remaining scripts:
http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js?ver=1.9.1
/components/com_rseventspro/assets/js/chosen/mootools-more-1.4.0.1.js?v=4
Go to the advanced options and add the lines to 'strip remaining scripts'.
Better: try and locate the extension that loads jQuery v1.9.1 and disable it if possible.
mootools-more is loaded twice on your page.

Olivier.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3455 by PaladinBrewer
Replied by PaladinBrewer on topic Re: Some assistance on setup please
Alright so I took off the Jquery UI.

I don't see anything calling that 1.9.1. version, but I noticed my tswebviewer (the script in the pull out tab) was using a jquery from that googleapis.com, so I changed those links to my local jquery.

Not sure about that mootools-more link you put there. So I just deleted that javascript, didnt seem to do anything.

For the strip remaining scripts, I put in the ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9...ery.min.js?ver=1.9.1

Not sure if Im supposed to change any other settings. Still not working though. This is making me sad :(

More
10 years 4 months ago #3456 by admin
Everything you said you have done has no effect since I can see exactly the same code as before.
You still have 2 mootools-more libraries loading, you still have an extra jQuery library loading (from googleapis).

Contact the rseventspro support for the extra mootools-more they are loading, because this is where the problem is.
The errors you are having, despite the 2 jQuery libraries loading, are only MooTools errors, linked to the mootools-more libraries.

The jQuery Easy plugin can only help with jQuery issues.
You should still try and remove the extra call to the googleapis. You said it was loaded from tswebviewer. Do they have an option to avoid the loading of the jQuery library alltogether (instead of calling a local jQuery, which does not work apparently)?

Olivier.