Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Some assistance on setup please

More
10 years 4 months ago #3457 by PaladinBrewer
Replied by PaladinBrewer on topic Re: Some assistance on setup please
The tswebviewer itself does not have any way to disable jquery. The pull out tab does, which I now turned off, to no effect that I can see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3458 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Some assistance on setup please
Ok. Forget jQuery for now then, concentrate on the MooTools issues.

Olivier.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3464 by PaladinBrewer
Well I tried contacting the creators of RSEvents and they told no, it isnt mootools:

Hello,

I have tested this yet again. The problem is not generated by Mootools as you were pointed out.

The problem is actually generated by the following script:

<script src="test.9thsword.org/tswebviewer/ajax.php?c...hsd&id=viewer&s=true" type="text/javascript">

If this is removed, everything will work fine.

So seems to be a deadend there :(

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #3465 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Some assistance on setup please
I will look at your issue again tomorrow and see whatever can be done.

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by admin.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3466 by PaladinBrewer
True. But if I disable the calendar and look for another one, well, I have already paid for this one :/

I was going to find a new teamspeak script and see if that helped, but there isn't another one for Joomla that does all the rank icons and looks pretty. Sadly the one I use isn't even under development anymore.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3467 by PaladinBrewer
I had responded to them in a bit unhappy of a manner, and here is reply I got, as well as the images they sent me:

The issue is with that script, not with ours, and I will prove it to you: what the conflicting script does is that it loads jQuery (from test.9thsword.org/templates/rt_ionospher...jquery-1.10.2.min.js) and it doesn't set a noConflict() mode. Please contact the developers of that script for a resolution. I see there's a noConflict declaration in place, but it's place BEFORE jQuery gets loaded and so, it's useless. It should be at least added AFTER jQuery is loaded.

You'll run into the same problem on another page that uses MooTools as well, you've only noticed this with RSEvents! Pro since no other extension on your website uses MooTools (a built-in Joomla! javascript library mostly used for effects). But on all of your pages, this script replaces MooTools with jQuery, not just on the RSEvents! Pro page.

Enclosed you will find two screenshots:
not ok.jpg - jQuery replaces MooTools on an unrelated RSEvents! Pro page (homepage).
ok.jpg - after saving your homepage's HTML on my local computer and removing the script, MooTools is correctly loaded and jQuery no longer overwrites it.

Regards!

Attachments: