Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle MobileJoomla

More
11 years 5 months ago #1338 by rvillela
Replied by rvillela on topic Re: MobileJoomla
No problem, thank you very much for looking at it.
Funny, I was trying to make jQuery Easy the FIRST to load (-99) instead of last. Nevertheless, first or last does not seem to make a difference.

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1339 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: MobileJoomla
Sorry about not being able to find a solution here... I never like it... maybe someone else will help you out on this forum. Try also the forum where you bought the template, maybe someone already had this problem.

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1340 by rvillela
Replied by rvillela on topic Re: MobileJoomla
Well, I know it's a bit of a hack but I made the following change to the jQueryEasy onAfterRoute() event:
To: if (JFactory::getDocument()->getType() !== 'html' || defined('_MJ'))
This just disables the plugin for MobileJoomla, but I still get to use the plugin for the website.

Thanks again for your help.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1342 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: MobileJoomla
I believe it was a good choice, the test was made here so jQuery Easy does not interfere with RSS. This way it won't interfere with the mobile framework also.
Note that your mobile page loads several versions of the jQuery library, which may results in other problems down the road.

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1344 by neo314
Replied by neo314 on topic Re: MobileJoomla
Hi,

I'm noticing the same issue. I am wondering if there is any way to configure the plugin to either only work on certain templates (so I could exclude the mobile template), or cause the plugin to only load if jQuery (or jQueryUI) is not already loaded.

That would mean the developer would have to deal with issues like ensuring no conflict is working when they use something that loads the jQuery itself.

If there is no way to do this, it would be a nice feature to add.

Right now, I may have to dump JQuery Easy and go to a customHTML module or place in the template itself the code required to only load if it isn't already done.

I'm thinking something like,
<script type="text/javascript">
if (typeof jQuery == "undefined") {
document.write('<script src="[plugin jquery settings]/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript">\x3C/script>');
// If the settings request no conflict
document.write('<script src="[plugin jquery settings]/jquerynoconflict.js" type="text/javascript">\x3C/script>');
// If UI is included in plugin settings, it could not be loaded yet since jQuery wasn't loaded, so...
document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" href="[plugin jquery settings]/jquery-ui.css" type="text/css" />');
document.write('<script src="[plugin jquery settings]/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript">\x3C/script>);
}
</script>

This could be done on another plugin flag that asks, "Test whether jQuery is already loaded? []".

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1345 by neo314
Replied by neo314 on topic Re: MobileJoomla
I made this post before I saw that this thread has more than one page. Not sure how that happened, but the post seems to have disappeared, however it still seems relevant. Please consider this a feature request and I will look into implementing this fix on my site.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by admin.