Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Can overlap be responsive?

More
9 years 1 month ago #4096 by gavinhanly
Can overlap be responsive? was created by gavinhanly
Hi - I'm slowly rebuilding my site to responsive - and while I'm doing that, it seems that the overlap style isn't responsive - i.e. the background image doesn't rescale. Is there any way to make that happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4097 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Can overlap be responsive?
Hello,

the latest versions v2 and v1.51 should fix most, if not all, responsive issues. Do you have the latest versions? Which version are you using?

The overlap is definitely responsive as you can see here demo3.simplifyyourweb.com/latest-news-enhanced-extended (bottom of page). It does change width but not height, which is the normal behavior for that style (because it has content).

Do you have a page I can look at to see what happens?

For the image to resize in height and width, the fullscreen style is more appropriate.

Olivier.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by admin.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4098 by admin
I forgot to mention: for any item to be responsive, there is one requirement though: give an item width in % (this is what will force responsiveness)

Olivier.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4099 by gavinhanly
Replied by gavinhanly on topic Can overlap be responsive?
Hi - I had 1.4 - so I just upgraded - but seem to have broken all images in the process!

Here's the page I'm working on: www.hot-dinners.com/newversion/

More
9 years 1 month ago #4100 by admin
Did you update the external library too?

Apparently you have no right width or height for your images. The widths and heights are set to 100px. You should set it at the largest width and height you want them to have. Then, having item width to 100% will resize the whole thing depending on the container it is in.

For the images: the tmp directory path may be wrong in your configuration. The new versions of the module use the tmp path of the configuration by default.

Olivier.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4101 by gavinhanly
Replied by gavinhanly on topic Can overlap be responsive?
Thanks - I did update the library too - but it seems that it's not saving the thumbnails in the version 2 of the module that I've installed. Could it be a permissions thing?