Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Responsive Problems

• christaank
  • christaank's Avatar Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #4066 by christaank
Responsive Problems was created by christaank
Hi there, I am using the latest news enhanced extended module and experiencing problems on smaller screens. Ipad's to be precise. The titles, images and intro text is being cut off - in other words, it is not responsive. I have set the width to 100% rather than using an px size but I still have this problem.

Attached is a screen shot of the issue when re-sizing my browser.

Can you help please?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #4067 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Responsive Problems
Hello,

first of all, are you using any kind of animation? Some of the animations are not responsive.

Your text seems cut off because of the image size. Which style are you using?

The 'original' style does not resize the images (because it 'floats') therefore if the image is bigger than your smallest column size, the text will be cut off. If you are using the module in column, I would suggest using the 'fullwidth' style.

While preparing v2.0.0, I have actually found some irregularities in the CSS to ensure the styles are as responsive as possible. I am finalizing those fixes.

Depending on your time frame, I can tell you what to change in the stylesheets or send you the updated module before release for you to test out.

So please answer my previous questions and I will try and assist you the best I can.

Olivier.

• christaank
9 years 2 months ago #4068 by christaank
Replied by christaank on topic Responsive Problems
Thanks for your quick repsonse!

No - im not using any animation.

I have been playing with the styles and almost solved the issue by using the "original image (images only)" style.

As you can see from this screen shot, the images and all text are responding well. The only issue now is the spacing beneath the image. Ideally, I would like the article title and intro text to align top - beneath the relevant image. At the moment they seem to get pushed downwards to the image below. Can this be corrected with CSS?
Attachments:

More
9 years 2 months ago #4069 by admin
No problem you are welcome!

Yes, it should be able to get fixed with CSS.
I believe the text is not the trouble here, but the image. I am guessing that fact as I do testing of the extension on my test sites.

The image container has probably the original image size but your images are reduced to fit the module's container. Hard to know for sure on just a screenshot. But the gap is probably the result of it (image resizing but not its container).

Is there any way I can get access to the page so I can take a look at the CSS on your live site and see how this can get fixed? I am also preparing an update to the module. If you want to test the fixes, I can send it to you. Please drop me an email at [email protected].

Thanks!

Olivier.

More
9 years 2 months ago #4070 by admin
I would suggest you try:
.newshead .picture { 
    height: auto !important;
    min-height: auto !important;
}

Olivier.

• christaank
9 years 2 months ago #4071 by christaank
Replied by christaank on topic Responsive Problems
Perfect! Your code works a treat

Thanks You :)