Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Out of Memory Errors

More
9 years 5 months ago #3889 by muddauber
Out of Memory Errors was created by muddauber
I installed Latest News Enhanced and library in my Joomla 3.3.6 install and continue to get following error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10240 bytes) in /home/mydomain/public_html/modules/mod_latestnewsenhancedextended/mod_latestnewsenhancedextended.php on line 142

Any Suggestions from here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3890 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Out of Memory Errors
Hello,

allocated memory has been exhausted and it may just be a matter of allowing more memory on your server. In the last few years, it is probably only the second time I am contacted for such an issue. Try and allocate more memory. The following post may help you: stackoverflow.com/questions/415801/allow...locate-43148176-byte.

Do you have many instances of the module on your site? How many items (articles) are loaded in the module instances?

Olivier.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3891 by muddauber
Replied by muddauber on topic Out of Memory Errors
I did set the maximum memory limit at 256 MB (268,435,456 bytes).

ISP says, "So, if you see "Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted..." in the error, then you cannot increase the limit any higher"

I'll try a reinstall and see if I have better luck

More
9 years 5 months ago #3892 by muddauber
Replied by muddauber on topic Out of Memory Errors
No, only 1

More
9 years 5 months ago #3893 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Out of Memory Errors
Let me know if you have better luck then.

Note that, although the error appeared on the module, it may be because the memory was close to being exhausted before the server got to it. So you may have some other extension that takes a big chunk of memory. Then there is not enough memory for the module to function.

Olivier.