Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Conflict not fixed..

More
12 years 1 week ago #353 by himini
Conflict not fixed.. was created by himini
Hi Olivier,

On my site's homepage, there are two modules using JQuery: 1) Yootheme Widgetkit slideshow module, 2) Seblod list module with Nivo Slider template.

There was a conflict between those modules and I installed your plugin. The link below is a copy of my site before installing JQuery Easy:
before-je.olcay.me/

As you see, there is a blank area at the top, there should be Widgetkit module.

After enabling JQuery Easy, Widgetkit module is working correctly but the other module (Nivo Slider) is broken.

JQuery paths of the modules are:

Widgetkit slideshow: after-je.olcay.me/media/widgetkit/js/jquery.js
Nivo slider: after-je.olcay.me/templates/seblod_slide.../jquery-1.7.1.min.js

I tried to add this paths to plugin's "Strip Remaining Scripts" list, but it didn't work.

Is there a solution for this issue? If you could take a look, I can send you admin login information.

Thanks in advance..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #355 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Conflict not fixed..
Hello,
sorry for the delay, I was travelling and could not get back to you right away.
I see a few things you have to consider:
- what version of jQuery widgetkit is using ?
You need to be able to have the 2 components in conflict to be able to work with the same version of jQuery (it is mandatory).
Once you figured out if widgetkit is compatible with jQuery 1.7+, you can use jQuery Easy and set the version of jQuery to 1.7 (latest).
If widgetkit cannot work with 1.7+, see if the Nivo slider can work with the version of jQuery widgetkit is using. If so, set the jQuery version to the one used by widgetkit in the jQuery Easy plugin.
That should be all what is needed at this point. I don't think you need any special settings other than using jQuery Easy with the proper jQuery version.

Olivier.

Olivier.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by admin.

More
12 years 1 week ago #357 by himini
Replied by himini on topic Re: Conflict not fixed..

admin wrote: Hello,
sorry for the delay, I was travelling and could not get back to you right away.
I see a few things you have to consider:
- what version of jQuery widgetkit is using ?
You need to be able to have the 2 components in conflict to be able to work with the same version of jQuery (it is mandatory).
Once you figured out if widgetkit is compatible with jQuery 1.7+, you can use jQuery Easy and set the version of jQuery to 1.7 (latest).
If widgetkit cannot work with 1.7+, see if the Nivo slider can work with the version of jQuery widgetkit is using. If so, set the jQuery version to the one used by widgetkit in the jQuery Easy plugin.
That should be all what is needed at this point. I don't think you need any special settings other than using jQuery Easy with the proper jQuery version.

Olivier.

I can't detect JQuery version of Widgetkit from the js path. The path is: /media/widgetkit/js/jquery.js and the there is no version number. But, as you see at the second link I provided, Widgetkit is working when I enable JQuery Easy (with "1.7 latest" setting). So we can say it is compatible with JQuery 1.7+.

The strange thing is; altough Nivo Slider is using JQuery 1.7.1 (the JQuery path of this extension is /templates/seblod_slider_nivo/js/jquery-1.7.1.min.js), it stops working when I enable Jquery Easy.

So I suppose it is not a compatibility issue, but Nivo Slider isn't loading JQuery from plugin. Am I wrong?

More
12 years 1 week ago #358 by admin
If Widgetkit works with jQuery 1.7, perfect.
The Nivo slider has to be loading the plugin through jQuery Easy. The problem lies somewhere else.
I overlooked one line of code (sorry, jet lag).
jQuery Easy removes the file jquery-noconflict.js. BUT it should not because it sets the variable $j that is necessary for Nivo to work. So in the advanced settings (frontend), set the 'strip no conflict code' option to 'no' and 'add no conflict code' to 'no' to leave this file alone and avoid extra no-conflict code. Let me know if that fixes it.

Olivier.

More
12 years 1 week ago #359 by himini
Replied by himini on topic Re: Conflict not fixed..
That's it! I changed the "no conflict" settings and now both of the extensions work fine. :)

Thank you for your great support!

More
12 years 1 week ago #360 by admin
Great! You are very welcome.

Olivier.