Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file jQE also removes 'slides.min.jquery.js '

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #2072 by lliseil
Hi,
Activating jQuery Easy v1.4.2 also remove
the following script:
templates/../js/slides.min.jquery.js

It's not an issue - since we can add it back right from your script UI.
Joomla! 2.5.9, with a very bizarre template from TemplateHelp and Virtuemart 2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #2077 by admin
Hello,
I am aware of this issue but I am really undecided on what to do in those cases, as it becomes more of a 'user' decision to determine what is or what is not a jQuery library file. There is no way to tell automatically.
I am not sure my explanations are 'clear'...
It is a matter of restricting the regular expression to finding anything that contains jquery in the name or just taking names that have jquery and anything after that...
Changing the regular expression may change the behavior of some people's websites, so I have to be very careful when I decide on such a modification. I will see if I can make up my mind and include this in the upcoming release.
Thanks for pointing this out to my attention, I will have to brainstorm this one once again. Maybe it is better that the plugin clears out less scripts and leaves the ones that should stay there intact...

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lliseil

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #2081 by admin
I have 'brainstormed' over the issue and came up with a solution that is, I believe, satisfying.
I have come upon another example of a script that was mistakenly tagged as a jQuery library. But this library was only needed for frontend editing. Therefore, adding it again (after its removal) through the field 'add script' is not satisfying as it adds it back, not only to the pages for edition but to the whole website. Now, we have an extra script that is present and not needed.
Therefore, I added an advanced feature in the admin console of the plugin: ignore scripts.
The upcoming version of the plugin will allow you to list the scripts that are usually mistaken as jQuery libraries. This applies only to the libraries built as is:
tada.jquery.js
or any variation of this.
From now on, with this feature, the scripts listed will be ignored from removal whenever present on a page.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by admin.