Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file audio on-click event not working

More
11 years 1 month ago #1974 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: audio on-click event not working
I am a little confused here. On the site, I do not see any of your code or any jQuery for that matter. Did you enable the jQuery Easy plugin and selected jQuery?
Your code does not show: when using templates and adding javascript files to it, you have to do so manually in the template's index.php file. You can also use the jQuery Easy plugin in the advanced options to include scripts or scripts declarations.
Putting the audio files into /audio does not make them automatically available to any other part of the site. I would suggest you leave all your personal files under the /templates/beez_20. Your scripts in /javascript and audio files in /audio.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1975 by mamboze
Replied by mamboze on topic Re: audio on-click event not working
Basically, what I want to do is to access the on-click event in Joomla such that I can link the jquery event handler to it. The same applies to the mouseover (hover) event.

I want to avoid, if possible, inline code as I will have a large number of audio files linked in this way and, I think, it would be easier this way from a maintenance viewpoint. I hope to utilize the jquery code I posted before to do all this work.
Thanks

More
11 years 1 month ago #1981 by admin
I understand and I agree.
That said, the code won't work on your site if it is not loaded at all. You have to call the javascript file from inside the template or from the jQuery Easy plugin and have the jQuery library loaded. So far, you are giving me some code and a template and there is nothing that links them together.

Olivier.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2010 by mamboze
Replied by mamboze on topic Re: audio on-click event not working
Hi Olivier,
Sorry for the delay in replying. I had an issue with the site in which the Admin menu simply disappeared. It turned out to be a conflict between JSN PowerAdmin and jQuery Easy which occurred after I enabled jQuery Easy. Uninstalling PowerAdmin solved the problem but it took some time to work out what had happened. Anyhow be that as it may, I've now:
1. put the script with full path in the Beez_20 javascript folder
2. I've modified the script to include a full path specifying audio file location, thus:
jQuery.noConflict();
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  jQuery("p").hover(
    function() {
    jQuery(this).css({"color": "red", "font-weight" : ""});
    },
    function() {
    jQuery(this).css({"color": "black", "font-weight" : ""});
    }
  ); 
  jQuery("p").click(function (event) {
    var element = jQuery(this);
    var elementID = event.target.id;
    var oggVar=("/home/english2/public_html/templates/beez_20/audio/"+elementID +".ogg");
    var audioElement = document.createElement('audio');
    audioElement.setAttribute('src', oggVar); 
    audioElement.load();
    audioElement.addEventListener("load", function() { 
    audioElement.play(); 
    }, true);
    audioElement.play(); 
  });
});
3. I tried placing the script in two locations, Advanced Options Frontend and Backend >other>add scripts separately.

But, the script is still not working. Obviously, I'm missing some step here :(

More
11 years 1 month ago #2012 by admin
You are one step closer (jQuery is finally showing) but your scripts won't show if you just put them in a specific folder. You have to call the script from the template. Like I explained before, add the <script> tag manually into the template in index.php or just add the script file in the jQuery Easy plugin in the advanced parameters (path to the script file in 'add to script'). Nothing will happen if you don't tell it to.
You should look at tutorials on how to create/modify templates especially if you are new to Joomla!
Although I can help, this is getting pretty much out of scope for me.

Olivier.