Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Too many jquery instances

More
11 years 1 month ago #1960 by lowe25
Too many jquery instances was created by lowe25
Dear Olivier!

I'm facing similar problems. I downloaded jQuery Easy hoping solve the "Too much jquery instances" problem, but there are still modules which don't work. e.g.: gergely.us/linkek (down the picture /widgetkit 1.4.1 module from yootheme/) works fine at my computer mozilla but not working in IE. At my colleague's desktop it is not working. I tried to switch off every module, but nothing happened. The widgetkit module is working in every browser on the sample site.

This is my first joomla site, I'm quite noob in web development.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1962 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Too many jquery instances
Hello Greg,
at first glance, I do not see any issue with jQuery. When you get issues on all browsers, that usually hides means there are errors in the framework. But if you get issues only in IE, that may just be a library that is not working with IE properly.
That said, I still see something that can be a problem: MooTools, jQuery AND Dojo are loading on the homepage alone. These 3 libraries are not meant to work together. The more libraries, the more your environment gets uncontrollable.
Also, I just see one jQuery instance, so you don't have a case of too many jQuery libraries loading.
One last thing :-) : although adding animations, widgets and such look cool, they may not work well together. The site would probably respond better if you 'trim' some of it out (just a friendly advice).

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowe25

More
11 years 1 month ago #1971 by lowe25
Replied by lowe25 on topic Re: Too many jquery instances
Hello,

That are good news, I try to trim and rethink them, and try to chose just a few developer, maybe they work better together (as a noob I got lost in the tree of million widgets and possibilities) :)

Thanks again for your time!
Greg

More
11 years 1 month ago #1973 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Too many jquery instances
You are welcome :-)

Olivier.