Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Conflict between Jquery Easy and RSS

More
12 years 2 months ago #190 by Bobses
Conflict between Jquery Easy and RSS was created by Bobses
I was very excited when I found this plugin, until I observed that my RSS feed don't longer works (my feed is no longer recognized by Feedburner or Facebook Rss Grafitti). When I disabled Jquery Easy plugin everything works normally.
So, I have only 2 options: Jquery easy activated, but without RSS feed (unacceptable), OR Jquery Easy disabled, RSS will works OK but I'll have problems with buttons hwdvideoshare.
My site is on Joomla 1.5.25, Ninja RSS Syndicator 1.1.10 beta, Jquery Easy 1.0.3.
This is my test site - plugin enabled and this is my live site - plugin disabled.
Can you help me with my problem? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #191 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Conflict between Jquery Easy and RSS
Hello!
There is already a mistake I can see: you are using cdscriptegrator alongside jQuery Easy. You have to choose which jQuery plugin you want to use.
Also, try ordering your plugins so that jQuery Easy is the last plugin loaded.

BTW, I love your website... I am a train lover myself...

Olivier.

More
12 years 2 months ago #192 by Bobses
Replied by Bobses on topic Re: Conflict between Jquery Easy and RSS
Well, CD Scriptegator plugin is absolutely necessary for CD Captcha Plugin (not works without it and I love this captcha).
Anyway, I disabled both CD plugins on test site and I did not notice any change in behaviour RSS, so I think this is not the solution.
Thank you very much for your appreciations. ;)

More
12 years 2 months ago #193 by admin
Well, in this case, I am sorry to say that jQuery Easy won't help you here. There is no way both can work together, as cdscriptegrator loads jQuery libraries in an unconventional way.

Olivier.

More
12 years 2 months ago #194 by Bobses
Replied by Bobses on topic Re: Conflict between Jquery Easy and RSS
I uninstalled both CD plugins (captcha and scriptegator) on my test site, Jquery Easy is enabled but my RSS still don't looks good ...
So, I need your help with Jquery Easy and RSS, please.
Thanks.

More
12 years 2 months ago #195 by admin
There is a conflict all right. Did you order the plugins as suggested on my first post? Looks like jQuery Easy works only part of the way and some other component interferes before it finishes its work. So on your page right now, jQuery is not even loaded by jQuery Easy but uses yoo_expo instead.
Have you tried the RSS component without jQuery Easy? Does it work on its own (being the only component using jQuery)?

Olivier.