Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Multiple JQuery issues it seems

More
11 years 2 months ago #1789 by BTD
Multiple JQuery issues it seems was created by BTD
Hi all.

Putting together a site that uses a number of things...

174.122.148.158/~giocon76/index.php/abou...alian-lifestyle.html

We have a responsive slideshow that works perfectly, at the bottom of the page supplied, there is a big white gap, there is supposed to be a different slideshow in there, unless I disable the top slideshow, it does not work.

Then in the K2 area with simple image gallery pro,... 174.122.148.158/~giocon76/index.php/prop...d-cellar-furore.html

The gallery appears, but no matter what lightbox option I choose, it always just opens the images in a new window. In the admin area, without the top slideshow, it works fine, so, again, like above, if I disabled the top slideshow, I am sure it would work.

I am hoping the plugin can resolve these issues, but not exactly sure where to start, I did some initial playing around to get the top and bottom slideshows to work together but without any luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1790 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Multiple JQuery issues it seems
Hello,
at first glance, I can see that your page loads 4 versions of jQuery. So definitely you need to avoid that. You are loading jQuery 1.6, 1.7 and 1.9, as far as I can tell. You have to go to each extension and disable jQuery if possible. With K2, you can even change the version number. You need to make sure all your extensions can work on the same version of jQuery. Find out which one it is and try to disable jQuery in all extensions but one. If you cannot do that, use jQuery Easy and it will clean them for you. To avoid extra overhead, it is still better to turn off jQuery in the extensions first. If using the plugin, set jQuery to the version common to all. Leave the other options untouched for now.

Olivier.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1791 by BTD
Replied by BTD on topic Re: Multiple JQuery issues it seems
Hi Oliver

OK, I also uninstalled two other slideshows that were not actually being used.

I have told simple image gallery pro, to not load any jquery.

SlideshowCK at the top, I turned off load jquery, it no longer works.

The lightbox does now because there is no longer a conflict, the lifestyle slideshow works too, because there is no conflict.

The lifestyle slideshow uses youtheme widgetkit slideset, they have no option to not load jquery.

Sadly, I really need the big responsive slideshow on each page.

I will turn it back on to load jquery, which will break the other two again, but, could you now check how many jqueries are being loaded? Then we can at least see if the jquery plugin can fix this mess lol.

Appreciate the help!

More
11 years 2 months ago #1792 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Multiple JQuery issues it seems
Hello,
I went back to it but I cannot see any obvious changes, really. Try the plugin but make sure you use the right version of jQuery for all your extensions.

Olivier.