Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Rockettheme + jQuery UI

More
11 years 2 months ago #1744 by dhermann
Rockettheme + jQuery UI was created by dhermann
I am trying to implement jQuery Easy in my site but I have some questions.

First the symptom:

Everything was working fine but then I started seeing strange behavior, and now my custom component consistently will not fire the $(window).load() or $(document).ready method when the page is loaded but will throw an early error that there is no document. After a few seconds, it will then load my homepage inside one of my jQuery UI tabs. Is this consistent with a jQuery library conflict? I am not seeing this at all on my local environment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1747 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Rockettheme + jQuery UI
Hello,
this behavior you are describing may come from conflicts between MooTools and jQuery. If MooTools is present on your site, calls to $(document).ready... won't work. You need to use jQuery.noConflict() code and modify your custom code to jQuery(document).ready(function($) {...});
If you need more info, please use the links provided in the plugin and on the site. jQuery Easy should be able to help also.

Olivier.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1748 by dhermann
Replied by dhermann on topic Re: Rockettheme + jQuery UI
Thanks for your quick reply! I am actually working through this tonight so let me know if I can message you on Google Chat or Facebook.

So I turn on jQuery Easy, and I move not only my jQuery and jQuery UI libraries (JavaScript and CSS) into my head, along with my custom libraries. Do I now need to change my $ calls in my $(window).load() function only, or all of my calls?

More
11 years 2 months ago #1749 by dhermann
Also, my apologies for the spam replies: I thought I was failing at reCaptcha.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1750 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Rockettheme + jQuery UI
No problem, the forum is moderated so the messages don't show up right away :-)
I am about to turn off the computer for today so here is my advice.
You cannot have $(document).ready... or $(window).load on the site without having issues because of MooTools.
Loose $(window).load calls and replace them with jQuery(document).ready(function($) {...});
It is just better practice.
Any code inside the parenthesis can remain the same (you can use the $ symbol inside them, it is safe). That is all you need to modify. Make sure you also have jQuery.noConflict(); called before that.
Good luck!

Olivier.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1751 by dhermann
Thanks for your help. Please reply when you are available again; I am not sure how to reference my local custom jQuery UI library.