Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle Google chrome mootools & Jquery issue

More
11 years 2 months ago #1735 by fg80hun
Google chrome mootools & Jquery issue was created by fg80hun
Hi all!
I have made a joomla 2.5 site, with a responsive template based on gavern framework (mootools masonry). I Installed Jquery easy and I succesfuly solved all issues I wanted to solve, but: the template has a "sticky footer" which should stay always on the bottom, everything is working fine in all browser but google chrome. For some reasons, the sticky footer runs up and down when scrolling the page with the mousewheel ( and also with the scroll bar). Only on pages where I use the fun supersized full background slideshow. Other pages are working as the should work. How can this be treated?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1736 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Google chrome mootools & Jquery issue
Hello,
this issue can come from different 'avenues'. That may be just a CSS issue (with the position:fixed value) or it is related to a script that forces the footer at the bottom. Either way, it is difficult to diagnose without actually 'seeing' the behavior and the underlying code.
If you provide me with a URL, I can take a quick look and see what is going on.

Olivier.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1740 by fg80hun
Replied by fg80hun on topic Re: Google chrome mootools & Jquery issue
This is the link to test site: hs.hungarianflavours.com

Problem only occures on pages where the supersized jquery plugin script for joomla is present ( First two white links on the top main menu, and some others) When the page scrolled down, the black bottom sticky footer ( which is also a module position) starts moving up and down, sometimes strikes thru the screen in the midle. Only in google chrome. Thanks, if you look at it.
Regards

More
11 years 2 months ago #1741 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Google chrome mootools & Jquery issue
Other than checking the issue with the developer (which is your best bet here I think), I have found something that may be a problem.
In file media/mod_funsupersized/js/default.js, there is jQuery.noConflict(); which cannot be taken out by the jQuery Easy plugin. There is already an instance of this code so I would suggest trying to take it out and see if that fixes anything.

Olivier.