Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file jQuery/MooTools conflict

More
11 years 4 months ago #1421 by gusziets
jQuery/MooTools conflict was created by gusziets
Hi

I have tried EVERYTHING and cannot sort this out. I use YJ slider on my template which was bought from TemplateMonster (crystaldirect.co.za/dev.crystaldirect.co.za/). Everything was working perfectly until I installed YJ slider which I need. When I setup jQuery Easy it does not solve the problem no matter what I do. I am desperate - I can give you login details to site if that might help. Could you please help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1422 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: jQuery/MooTools conflict
Hello,
you definitely have conflicts between jQuery and MooTools. You also have multiple jQuery libraries.
jQuery Easy can help you out, but you still have a conflicting script that needs to be manually changed or you won't be able to have your site working correctly. I suspect you can use jQuery Easy with the default settings but you still need to change the file /templates/theme956/js/scripts.js. The '$' is used for jQuery (I believe) but this symbol is supposed to be kept for your MooTools scripts. I think you could enclosed the whole script in jQuery(document).ready(function($) {...});

Olivier.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1423 by gusziets
Replied by gusziets on topic Re: jQuery/MooTools conflict
Thank you, let me see if I can try and do as you suggested, will keep you posted.