Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file ERROR

More
10 years 7 months ago #3215 by smamphey
ERROR was created by smamphey
I tried installing on my joomla 3+. installed both the library and module and i get the below error.

An error has occurred.
0 SQL=SELECT k2cat.* FROM b3nv0_k2_categories AS k2cat WHERE k2cat.published=1 AND k2cat.trash=0 ORDER BY k2cat.parent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3220 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: ERROR
Hello,
are you using k2 with the module?
This error could occur if you un-installed k2 but the components/com_k2 folder still exists on the server.
Is that your situation?

Olivier.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3221 by smamphey
Replied by smamphey on topic Re: ERROR
Yes i have uninstalled K2. the components still exist. will it work if i delete the component?

thanks

More
10 years 7 months ago #3222 by smamphey
Just carried out a search under extension manager - manage. wanted to uninstall. i searched for K2 and the search produced no results. Seems K2 is already uninstalled.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3223 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: ERROR
I understand. The problem is that sometimes components are not properly un-installed. Very often there are remaining folders on the server and I believe this is the case for you. The module Latest News Enhanced looks for the 'components/com_k2' folder. If it finds it, it assumes K2 is installed. You will have to look through your server folders and delete that folder in order for the module to properly work.

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by admin.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3224 by smamphey
OK i went ahead to delete the folder and now it works now. Thank you. I was rather hoping to be able to easily style it to achieve something like the announcements calender feature on this page. How easy or difficult is it to achieve that please.
www.simplifyyourweb.com/

thanks

Sam