Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

lightbulb-o Title merging into text

More
10 years 8 months ago #2815 by nfhopmike
Title merging into text was created by nfhopmike
I am using Latest News Enhanced as a news item feed from a Category Blog. It's working fine except for one problem that I can't seem to overcome: it takes the page title (News 3) as the main heading, and then incorporates the article title which is an h2 (News Item 3) into the article text. I've attached a screen print of what I mean which may explain things a little better. What I would really like is for the article title (News Item 3) to be the main heading with just the text following, or if that can't be done, to separate the article title from the body text, either by making it bold or putting it on a separate line. Is there a solution?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2817 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Title merging into text
Hello,
this is rather strange behavior and is not the intended one. Is there a way to see the URL where you have the module so I can see the underlying code? Can you also include a screenshot of one of the articles in your admin console? There is no merge of title and content in the module, they are well separated and should be in different html tags.

Olivier.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2820 by nfhopmike
Replied by nfhopmike on topic Re: Title merging into text
Hi thanks for the response - I'm currently developing this site on a local machine with localhost so cannot give you a URL. I have taken a screenshot of the original article, and if it helps, a screenshot of the firebug html of the page display in case that gives you some further insight.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2821 by nfhopmike
Sorry - forgot to attach the files!

Attachments:

More
10 years 8 months ago #2822 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Title merging into text
Thanks for the screenshots, it really helps!
It is actually coming from the way you have setup your articles. You put 'News Item 3' inside the content of your article. It should, according to Joomla standards, be put in the Title field, if you want to use it as the title of your article. The module behaves correctly. It gets the title of your article (which you set to 'News 3') and its content. Your 'sub-title' (News item 3) is part of the content and without newlines because all tags are removed when the text is partially shown.
You have 2 options here:
- show the whole introtext in the module (and you are able to keep the tags) - no limit to the number of characters -
- or put the title where it belongs, in the title field.
I would suggest the second solution, as everything in Joomla is based on this paradigm and all extensions will behave the same as the Latest News Enhanced module and consider 'News 3' as the title of your article and not 'News Item 3'

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nfhopmike

More
10 years 8 months ago #2823 by nfhopmike
Thanks for a swift response - I see the logic behind what you say, so will need to modify the way I set up my pages - thanks for the heads up!