Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

lightbulb-o "Picture only" view not displaying all fields

More
10 years 10 months ago #2398 by alexk1
Hi, In the module when I select:
card type>picture only
I only see the name and title on frontend.

When "picture and text" is selected, all fields display on frontend.

Attached is a screenshot with both versions side by side.

Also is there a way I can sort the categories? drop down menu with categories listed?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #2399 by admin
Hello,

the 'picture only' option is to show, well, only the picture of the contacts.
Name, category and the first field are allowed also, but this option is really meant to show only the pictures (so you can get a page looking like a classroom yearbook for instance).
This is no mistake, this is meant to be like that.

If you have not done so, I would suggest you download the documentation for the extension.

Yes, categories are sortable (see the field 'category order'). It only orders the categories the way they are sorted in the Joomla admin console at the moment.

Use the pagination to have the categories listed. This is an index of categories, not a select box.

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by admin.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2402 by alexk1
Thanks for the quick reply. I purchased this in hopes of having the info display vertically. Can you please direct me to where I can make the changes (file) to add the additional fields below personfield1 ?

I would like to display:
personfield1
personfield2
personfield3
personfield4
personlinks

I get that you intended to have this be a picture only view but if your already allowing for the display of personfield1, why not the rest? The fields can be toggled off to only display the picture or display as many or few fields as you like. Just a suggestion :)

Thanks

More
10 years 10 months ago #2405 by admin
The picture-only setup has been a design decision made early on in the development of the component. It was done to allow non-programmers to have a picture-only view of contacts.
You do not want a picture-only view but a full view (text and picture) for your contact information. It is just a matter of modifying one of the themes (the CSS) or creating your own theme for that to happen.
Ultimately, the picture-only and text-only views will 'disappear' from the component once I make available a vertical theme like the one you need. It has remained like this so far for backward compatibility.
To get you started, you can just add the following CSS code:
.personinfo {
    float: left !important;
    margin-left: 0 important;
}

Make sure the card is about the same width as the contact picture.

Olivier.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2407 by admin
I am in the middle of an update. I have included vertical configurations into it. If you are interested, I can send you a version to test out by the end of this week. Let me know if that is of interest to you. If not, the update will arrive shortly after.

Olivier.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2408 by admin
In the meantime (and I had forgot about this feature), you can use the parameter 'picture alignment' in the 'contact picture' tab and set it to 'top'. You don't need the previous CSS overrides I have talked to you about before.

Olivier.