Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Jquery conflict?

More
9 years 4 months ago #3953 by magicbri
Jquery conflict? was created by magicbri
Hello,
I am in desperate need of help. I have been working with developers for more than 3 weeks trying to resolve issues on my website that we think are due to Jquery conflicts. I have a slideshow player that acts as a banner at the top of the pages. I am then trying to embed code from a video player/video marketing platform into the pages to have videos play within the pages.

At first the slideshow worked perfectly on all devices but I could only get one of the videos to display on mobile devices. After installing Jquery Easy and trying a few settings, I have lost the slideshow on all platforms and the first of two videos still wont play on mobile devices.

I don't have any understanding of this jquery stuff, all I know is that the two developers (slideshow and video management program) are pointing fingers at each other. I have read all the documentation I can find on Jquery Easy, but can't make sense of it (I'm not a coder at all). Can you please help?

One of the affected webpages is:
highimpactsalesvideos.com/sales-video-st...rd-sales-videos.html

And to clarify, the video management software isn't a Joomla plugin. It is a stand-alone system (built in the Wordpress environment) that generates scripts that are supposed to embed into any webpage including Joomla pages.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
Bryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3954 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Jquery conflict?
Hello,

I am travelling right now so it is a little difficult for me to give quick support.

I looked at your website and what I can see right now:
- jQuery Easy seems to be setup properly,
- 2 versions of bootstrap are loaded. This is one too many.
Use the advanced option in the plugin that allows you to remove extra scripts (try and remove '/templates/joomspirit_101/lib/js/bootstrap.min.js').
- flexslider does not work, I don't see why right now.
- $('select.form-control').removeClass('form-control').css('width', '100%') cannot work, the '$' should be replaced by 'jQuery'.
- in
jQuery(function($) {
		jQuery(document).ready( function() {
		jQuery('.drop-down').stickUp();
		});
	});
I believe the '$' should be removed.

That is the most obvious...
This site will have to be fixed step by step.

Try and do what I suggested and get back to me :-)

Olivier.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3955 by magicbri
Replied by magicbri on topic Jquery conflict?
Oliver,

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your help, especially while you are travelling.

I checked with template author who instructed me how to remove second instance of bootstrap within the template code itself. He is very confused why his Flexslider was working prior to installing Jquery Easy. The video players weren't (and still aren't) working right but the slide show was. He says he isn't a javascrpt developer any more than I am though.

We also couldn't find the other issues you were referring to... with the "$".

More
9 years 4 months ago #3956 by admin
Hello Bryan,

great for the template , I am glad you got help for that.

The problems with the '$' need to be addressed but I am afraid fixes have to be done at the extensions' level, meaning it has to be fixed in the extensions' code itself.

It would be helpful if you set the reporting option in jQuery Easy to 'yes' to see what the plugin worked on. It would help finding out why the flexslider does not work anymore.

Olivier.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3957 by admin
Ok, I just saw something:

your article (generated from Wordpress to handle videos) loads a jquery library that is of version 1.11.1 and a whole lot of other libraries.

I believe all your troubles come from the fact that you are including this article that is embedded in your content.
jQuery Easy cannot access it and therefore you still end up with multiple versions of jQuery libraries.

Now, in my opinion, it is a bad idea to include code this way and as you can see, it creates some issues...

I would suggest, other than changing the way you create your page, to try and load jQuery version 1.11 (with subversion 1) from the jQuery Easy plugin and use the Migrate script with it. At least, you would have all your jQuery libraries with the same version and would avoid conflicts between the libraries this way. It may fix the flexslider (using Migrate is very important to make sure the flexslider code works with jQuery v1.11.1). But this is something you will have to try.

Olivier.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3958 by admin
It also just came to my attention: the way the flexslider is called could be improved.

Instead of
jQuery(window).load(function() {
the call to the slider should be changed to
jQuery(document).ready() {
to make sure the flexslider is initiated after ALL of the code has been loaded.

Olivier.