Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Jquery conflict?

More
9 years 3 months ago #3984 by magicbri
Replied by magicbri on topic Jquery conflict?
Oliver,

Thanks again for your time.

As I said, a coder or even a computer guy for that matter. I am an entertainer and video artist. While I can fake it pretty good this is so far over my head it isn't even funny.

I have forwarded the flexslider comments onto the theme/slideshow developer.

But I don't even know what a crossdomain error is. To be honest I don't even know what you use to see these errors in the first place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3985 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Jquery conflict?
No problem Bryan, I totally understand.

As far as jQuery Easy goes, it is all I can do.

All other problems you are having, they are fixable at the extension level only. That is: for the Flexslider for instance, the extension you are using for it has to be fixed in the code. So you will have to contact the developer of that extension.

For the cross-domain errors: it usually happens when code is included that comes from another domain.
I can see those error in the developer console of my browser.

My recommendation: do not include your videos this way. You will eliminate a lot of headaches and security breaches. All your problems come from the fact that you include code coming from another system...

Olivier.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3986 by magicbri
Replied by magicbri on topic Jquery conflict?
Thanks again for your effort and for your input. I wish this video player was just a player because I would just find a new one. But it is designed to be a management program that allows me to create videos for my clients, have then insert a single line of code on their website and from then on I have complete control of the headers above and paragraphs below the video, watermarks, buy buttons, banners, countdown timers, second videos can be triggered, etc. When the client wants a new video or to change the price banner, etc. I can change it right from this WP based control panel.

They advertise that this line of code can be put into ANY website and their WP app will do the rest. Obviously that isn't turning out to be the case, but they have over 10k users who all swear by this program. The advice I am getting on their facebook users group and from their support is to dump Joomla and go with HTML or better yet a WP site. Perhaps I will explore this option next. The only reason I used Joomla in the first place was because a former employee had built a dozen or so websites in it and pushed me that direction.

Anyhow, I truly do appreciate your help. Thanks again,
Brian

More
9 years 3 months ago #3987 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Jquery conflict?
I totally understand.

Unfortunately, in order to fix your issues under Joomla, it requires fixes that have to be done at the core level of some of the extensions you are using. For the Flexslider, there are many modules that probably could replace the one you are using right now.

The main issue is that the outside code injected from this wonderful one line of code includes all libraries it needs to work as standalone, therefore not taking care of the environment it is injected into. If you did not need any jQuery in your Joomla environment, it would probably work out of the box...

Good luck for your endeavor.
Before giving up on Joomla, I would try other slider modules first. Your call :-)

Olivier.