Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Fatal error: Maximum execution time...

More
11 years 6 months ago #1029 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Fatal error: Maximum execution time...
Thanks Phil for sharing your resolution!

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3044 by walk-away
Replied by walk-away on topic Re: Fatal error: Maximum execution time...
I am getting a similar error message:

"Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in . . . jqueryeasy.php on line 616"

The page I am trying to load is very large/long, with many, many sets of nested tabs.

As I have been working on it, the time to load has been increasing, and today is at about the 120 second mark to begin loading.

The page has loaded three times out of four, so I am guessing it is right at the 115-120 second mark.

With the additions planned for this page, I am certain the load time will increase at least 50% or more.

(gaiancorps.com/e-books/xenology/item/333-xenology)

How do I go about increasing the timeout period from 120 seconds to say . . . 300 seconds?

Also, the version I was using was 1.51, but a few minutes ago, I installed 1.52

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3050 by admin
Hello,
I was wondering if you have the 'remove blank lines' option set to 'yes'. If so, disable it, it really takes longer on larger pages to use. If you had jQuery conflicts, I would suggest you stick to options that do the 'fixings' in the plugin. There is a huge amount of regular expressions in the plugin to fix jQuery issues (among other tools) so there comes a point where the benefit of the removal of all the unwanted scripts can be shadowed by the amount of work the plugin has to do on a page.

Olivier.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3051 by admin
I just went to your website. I think the major issue here is the fact that your whole website needs to load before any jQuery plugins can sort it all out. Lighter pages would definitely give your users a better experience in getting into your site. Just my opinion :-)

Olivier.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3060 by walk-away
Replied by walk-away on topic Re: Fatal error: Maximum execution time...
Hello and thanks for the response.

I wish I understood what you recommend.

The setting in Advanced Site Options for:
Strip Blank Lines is checked "NO"

I think that was what you asked about.

Regarding the remainder of your comments, I draw a blank.

I'm hoping you can help me to understand what you refer to when you say, "your whole website needs to load before any jQuery plugins can sort it all out."

One comment:
I realize that Xenology is a very, very long page. That is my intention -- to put an entire book (about 500,000 words) on one page. I realize it loads slow, and perhaps I should have directed you to the landing page (gaiancorps.com/e-books/xenology) where this is stated with a warning that the page will take a few minutes to load.

Now, with that in mind, is there anything that I can be doing differently? Is there something I could do to make this page load faster? Or at least load without getting the error message from jquery?

BTW, I only got the error message one time (out of four tries, thus far). But, I am continuing to work on this page, and it continues to grow in size. I think the page is about 60% finished now, and I'm hoping to avoid problems as I progress.

Sorry that I'm such a beginner. Any help you may offer will be greatly appreciated.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3061 by admin
Hello,
the 'about 60% finished' scares me here. You are going into making your site unusable, I am afraid, regardless of anything else.
First it takes forever to load already and it will take way more time by the time you are done.
Second, you will hit a problem you may not expect: the memory allocated to a webpage in a browser. It will end up crashing most web browsers on your user's side.
So, even if users wait 5 minutes (which most people won't) to see your page, they may not even be able to read it after all.
I would suggest you break your book in smaller chunks, use what Joomla offers you, for instance have each chapter in an article. That will make it easier for people to get to information, easier for search and way better in terms of speed...

Olivier.