Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Fatal error: Maximum execution time...

More
12 years 1 week ago #335 by oumouy
Hi
thanks for your great plugin
unfortunaly i have an error appearing only in 1 article page."
Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in plugins/system/jqueryeasy/jqueryeasy.php on line 200"

i know how to change the max execution time but what i want to know is why this is happening only in one article page and it seems like that the plugin eats up a lot of server's resources.(maybe im wrong :blink: )

an explanation will be so much appreciated
Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #338 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: atal error: Maximum execution time...
Hello,
the plugin scans the whole page and uses regular expressions to try and find jQuery-related code. It is mandatory, as lots of extensions actually add code to the body content of a page instead of its headers. Maybe you are having a rather long article (I am guessing) and the lookup takes longer than usual.
This makes me wonder if I should actually add an option to restrict the work of the plugin to the header area (for advanced users) to make it more efficient.

Olivier.

More
12 years 1 week ago #343 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: atal error: Maximum execution time...
Hello,
can you check if the version 1.1.2 of the plugin improves the performance in your case?

Olivier.

More
11 years 11 months ago #354 by luismi
Replied by luismi on topic Re: atal error: Maximum execution time...
I'm having this problem too trying to get jomsocial frontpage... I'm using latest version of the plugin.

More
11 years 11 months ago #356 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Fatal error: Maximum execution time...
Hello,
there is not much more I can optimize at this point in the plugin. Although you could try and comment one regular expression in the plugin's code (the one that gets rid of blank lines) that will not have any effect on the purpose of the plugin but may significantly improve the performance of your page. Let me know if that helps. If so, I will look into making this piece of code optional in the next version.

Olivier.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1028 by artemistravel
Replied by artemistravel on topic Re: Fatal error: Maximum execution time...
Hi,

I was having the same problem and found this post and now `i have worked out what the problem was, I thought I would post it here in case future people finding the post find it useful.

My issue was I was echo'ing my record set and the jqueryeasy could not process all the records in the html in the 30 seconds, removed the print_r of the record set and the problem disappeared, magic !!

Phil