Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file jQuery/Mootools conflict driving me mad!

More
11 years 1 month ago #1888 by paulchap
I am just setting up my first Joomla website and have hit a conflict issue on one specific page caused by one specific action.
This is the page:
www.bellajay.co.uk/repartee.tv/index.php...back-issue-catalogue
When you add an item to the shopping cart and go to checkout you then enter your details and click 'use this address'. That then runs a js using Mootools which conflicts with the jQuery js for the main menu - the result is that the main menu dissapears!

I have loaded jQuery Easy and followed the configuration instructions, I have edited the js file for the menu (jQuery) to replace the $ and also with the jQuery no conflict thing - but no luck. I have contacted the shop developers who say it's a problem with the menu and I have contacted the template (menu) developers who say it's a problem with the shop!

I REALLY need some expert help here please!!!

Thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1890 by admin
Hello,
I have looked at the code, but did not see anything that would catch my attention except that the code for the menu script seems 'strange' (looks like MooTools code to me).
I have tried the page myself and was able to go through the whole process without an error, all the way to the PayPal payment.

Olivier.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1891 by paulchap
Replied by paulchap on topic Re: jQuery/Mootools conflict driving me mad!
Thanks for the reply, that is VERY strange! What browser do you use? - I have tested this on Firefox, IE, Chrome and safari and all show the same issue.

I have attached two screen images shoing the top of the page (with main menu) and then after I click 'use this address' the menu gone!

I get this problem every time I try it!?
Attachments:

More
11 years 1 month ago #1892 by admin
My mistake, I was looking at your site on a smaller resolution and the menu was a select box instead of the full blown menu.
I am checking it again.

Olivier.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1893 by admin
I would like to know if the script.js file for the menu is the original or a modified version.

Olivier.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1896 by paulchap
Replied by paulchap on topic Re: jQuery/Mootools conflict driving me mad!
It's prety much the original one with just jQuery.noConflict(); added - I wasn't sure exactly where to add it in the code so tried a few different places but without success. I have emailed you the file in case seeing it may help.

Thank you
Paul