Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Images do not show up

More
10 years 11 months ago #2248 by [email protected]
I have installed the extension and created 3 articles. The article intro, date, title and read more is showing up properly. The thumbnail image is not showing up.

PHP GD extension is loaded,
GD Version 2.0.35
crop Pictures = yes
thumbnails cache path = images

I am using Joomla 3.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2252 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Images do not show up
Hello,

I believe the cache path should not be 'images' as it may not have the right permissions for writing files on the fly in it ('tmp' has the right permissions out of the box when installing Joomla!, that is why this is the default.)

Olivier.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2343 by galamarco
Replied by galamarco on topic Re: Images do not show up
Hi,
I have the same problem with Latest News Enhanced 1.2.4

If the file's name contains spaces the photo thumbnail is not entered. (es. "test test.png")
If I replace the space with the underscore the problem is solved. (es. "test_test.png")

You can automate this?

More
10 years 10 months ago #2345 by admin
Hello,
it is the same problem (images not showing), but not the same reason why it does not work for you. In your case, it is a file name issue. I could alter the file name automatically in the module but it would not help because the PHP function will not find the original image file with the new name on your server (the PHP function cannot handle names with spaces). And if the original image file name is altered, it changes all your articles references to it.

So what you are looking for is a tool that alters your image file names at the Joomla! level. Which means: altering file names and database references to those images. I do not know if such a tool exists yet.

I will look further and see if there is another solution to this.

Olivier.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2346 by admin
A solution could be to create a copy of the original and use it. It will make the process slower but I could add this to the module as an option. I think it could be a nice feature to have.

Olivier.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2347 by galamarco
Replied by galamarco on topic Re: Images do not show up
Thanks for the quick response!
Yes, this or an replace system who changes the file's name in the folder and databaseb (with a Cron?) but it can create problems if someone uses components strange ...

A copy of the file renamed with an underscore, only if the file name contains spaces, it's good solution!