Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Slideshow doesn't work any more

More
10 years 7 months ago #3088 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Slideshow doesn't work any more
Hello again,
I gave you all the information you needed to try and fix your issues in the last posts:
- for MooTools: adding JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true); in index.php of your template
- for jQuery: enabling jQuery v.1.7 in the 'jQuery Easy' plugin that you can find on this website in the 'downloads' section.
You do not have to go and look for anything else anywhere else.
:-)

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3100 by mengana
Replied by mengana on topic Re: Slideshow doesn't work any more
Hi,
As you adviced, I added the following in my template (just at the beginning... I've compared it with other templates)
<?php /**  * @copyright	Copyright (C) 2012 ThemeGoat.com - All Rights Reserved. **/

defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );

define( 'YOURBASEPATH', dirname(__FILE__) );

JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true);

?>

<?php include (YOURBASEPATH.DS . "/modules/req_parameters.php");?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>">

<head>

Then I set JQuery v 1.7 (see attachment jquerySettings.jpg

Then I've installed the Mootools Enabler/Disabler and it was then that the menu started working again. The slideshow doesn't work however. I get still the error in attachment error.jpg. Now I've disabled the slideshow and included the slides as animated GIF. Not very nice but at least the images are shown... Still I would like to make the slideshow work!!! Which could be the problem?
Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #3105 by admin
Great so far.
Now you have to enable jQuery in the jQuery Easy plugin. The plugin won't have any effect otherwise. Setting the version is not enough. Right now you have 'enable jQuery' to 'none'.

Olivier.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3190 by mengana
Hi, a new Problem now (I think everything is related to the same)
As I saud I use Joomla! 2.5.7.
When trying to save or cancel changes in an article in Frontend the buttons save or cancel don't work.
It doesn't depend on the template since I changed it and it didn't work with other templates either.
I've made CTRL+SHIFT+J and I've got the error in attachment.
Additionaly I compared the source code of my website with that of another which works and found that the following lines are missing:
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/caption.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

should I just add them?

Any idea which could be the problem?
Thanks in advance
Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #3195 by admin
Hello,
editing an article in the frontend requires MooTools. Which is exactly what is missing (from what you are showing). Make sure your template (or any extension for that matter) does not have an option to unset MooTools.

Olivier.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3205 by mengana
Thank you for your quick answer. I have still a question. All these scripts that I mentioned in the last post I can see when I look at the source code in browser. When I get the index.php of the current template I cannot find them (I want it just to check up where should I include them). How is it possible? I'm looking in the wrong place? Can you tell me please where? In head of index.php of the current template? Many thanks in advance.