Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Joomla very slow with Trombinoscope Contacts Pro installed

More
11 months 5 days ago #5964 by kai.reichert
I updated from J3 to J4 following guide (doing a test run), Contacts Pro seems to generally work but in the backend the Trombinoscope Contacts Pro component takes ages (up to 5 min) to load and display, Also the dashboard takes up to 3 min to display.
When uninstalling Contacts Pro everything is back to normal speed. Installing contacts pro again it gets very slow again. Any ideas ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 5 days ago #5965 by syw
Hello,

that's a strange behavior, there is nothing specific in the dashboard, when it comes to Trombinoscope Contacts Pro... Except maybe your test site can't access the server properly to check if there is an update.

Try to disable the quickicon plugin for Trombinoscope Contacts, that should take off the load on the dashboard. Let's see if that is the issue.

Olivier.

More
11 months 5 days ago #5966 by kai.reichert
Yep, with disabled quickicon dashboard is fast again.
Opening Components "Contacts Pro - Information" is still slow (same 3-5 minutes)

More
11 months 5 days ago #5967 by syw
Thanks, that confirms my assumptions.
It is 'normal' that the information page is slow still, it's a different piece of code.

I will make sure I improve the load of the update information from the external server for the next release.

Once on the 'live' server, you may not experience this issue.

Olivier.

More
11 months 5 days ago #5968 by kai.reichert
Thank you. I now tried the same from the live server (still on J3) and realized that the information page there is also extremely slow to load. I have not looked at that page for some time.

More
11 months 5 days ago #5969 by syw
There is an issue connecting to the update server, it should not be that slow in the first place. But I'll make sure slow connections do not slow the site.

Olivier.