Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Load order of jQuery and Mootools

More
11 years 10 months ago #507 by sinaonline
Load order of jQuery and Mootools was created by sinaonline
Hi,
first, thank you very much for your effort for this nice and useful plugin. I have however a question. In the documentation it is stated that jQuery Easy loads Mootools after jquery to prevent conflicts. But when I look at the source code of my Joomla site, this is what I see:

<link href="/joomlaville/templates/bolito-fjt/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" />
<link href="http://localhost:8888/joomlaville/index.php/component/search/?Itemid=106&amp;format=opensearch" rel="search" title="Search joomlaville" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1...s/base/jquery-ui.css" type="text/css" />
<script src="ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript">
<script src="/joomlaville/plugins/system/jqueryeasy/jquerynoconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.19/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript">
<script src="/joomlaville/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomlaville/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomlaville/media/system/js/caption.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/joomlaville/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></scri

Here it seems that jQuery is being loaded before Mootools. Or am I getting something wrong?

My other question is that is it possible to configure Easy Jquery so that it loads other jQuery plugings (aside from JQueryUI) that I might use in my scripts?

thank you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #508 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Load order of jQuery and Mootools
Hello,
indeed, it is safer to have jQuery load AFTER MooTools and I have noticed that in some cases (still investigating) the plugin cannot force that. This loading order is not an issue IF the jQuery.noConflict() code is loaded just after the jQuery library, which is the case here (the plugin enforces it). So you don't have anything to worry about in your case.

As far as your other question is concerned, what other libraries would you like jQuery Easy to load for you? The problem will probably be that those libraries need to be downloaded first in order to be used and may not be available like the jQuery libraries, where the plugin does not need to have a physical version of them but accesses them online.

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #509 by sinaonline
Replied by sinaonline on topic Re: Load order of jQuery and Mootools
Thank you for your response.

Well I'm kinda new to joomla and it's wealth of available modules and plugins. I'm used to write things manually, for instance have jQuery's "Anything Slider" plugin to slideshow a few photos for each article. I guess in Joomla you have to make multiple copies of an slider module and configure separate photos directories if you want to have different slideshows in different places. And then you also need to find a good position for the module, whereas with jQuery you can directly inject script under the article to display images. So with regards to plugings like AnythingSlider, how can I proceed with jQUery Easy?

More
11 years 10 months ago #512 by admin
Thanks for detailing your needs.
jQuery Easy will only help you in avoiding the overloading of jQuery libraries and the potential conflicts which inherit from them. In your case, you need a complimentary extension so you can inject your jQuery scripts or extra libraries. A couple great extensions exist. Look at this article for the links to those extensions: article . Look at the paragraph just above 'Removing jQuery compatibility issues'

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #516 by sinaonline
Replied by sinaonline on topic Re: Load order of jQuery and Mootools
Thank you very much for your tips! I'll check the article out.

More
11 years 10 months ago #517 by admin
You are welcome!

Olivier.