Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file module generated CSS and JS inline ?

More
6 years 2 months ago #4961 by marcin7
module generated CSS and JS inline ? was created by marcin7
hi Syw,

could you please add an feature to the module configuration to put the module related JS and CSS inline to the Html code ?

I have 4 modules of LNE and this causes the page to have 8 external includes in the html page and Google PageSpeedInsight does not really like it and punishes my website because of this. Could you please give to option to generate either online or as include.

thanks in advance
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #4962 by syw
Replied by syw on topic module generated CSS and JS inline ?
Hello Martin,

there is already a workaround you can try: the creation of your own stylesheet (a stylesheet that could aggregate all the ones that are created on-the-fly). Please refer to the documentation here: simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/latest-news/user-stylesheets (power users section). That would be one way to optimize the number of loaded files. This workaround is manual and may not be what you are looking for.

Note that I don't think I will create an option to embed the CSS code to the page. In this case, the styles would be downloaded every time someone visits the page (that code is never cached). Less requests, maybe, but longer page loads.

Scripts are much smaller files and I could probably offer the option you are requesting.

The next version of Latest News Enhanced Pro is ready to be released, therefore I will not offer such option in the version that is coming up.
I will study your request and take action for the next release.

Thank you for your input!

Olivier.

More
6 years 2 months ago #4963 by syw
Martin,

I am working on the issue and am developing a way to get the scripts inline. That removes all style_XX.js and animation_XX.js for each module instance.
When using animations, I have also compiled the carousel files (3) into 1. That removes another 2 calls.

Let me know if you would be interested in testing it out (send an email to [email protected])

Olivier.

More
6 years 1 month ago #4969 by syw
For users who still need the CSS files packed into one, you can always use an extension such as JCHOptimize, which aggregates all files into one.
There is a free version.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Сергей_Матюнин