Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Related articles feature problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #4911 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Related articles feature problems
Great! Got your email, I will send you the file real soon.
I am just making sure I did not break something. So far all my test cases work as expected.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #4912 by r_palczewski
Replied by r_palczewski on topic Related articles feature problems
Hello Olivier.
Sorry for delay, I've made myself short vacations :)
In a meanwhile I tested modified script on the production site with no problems. I have two thoughts:
- Title of a module should be displayed in inside-article mode if this setting is set to on;
- I'm thinking that there should be 2 more parameters: min and max number of matching tags and decision to display or not to display related articles if number of matching tags is lower than min (user agree to have bad results - prefer to have bad results than none). This could allow to accomplish this: I want great results so I choose 5 tags, but I want to display average results that none so I set minimum to 3, I don't want bad results so I don't want to display those with 2 or less matched tags OR I want good results so I set 4, but I if there are no results at all I want anything so I select if there are no results give those with lower matches while you find something. I don't know if I made this enough clear :)

I think that modification works fine, I'm not experiencing long loading of articles after choosing 3 tags (my site have about 1k articles with 3 to 10 tags each) to match (also no errors).

best regards,
r.

More
6 years 4 months ago #4914 by syw
No problem! We all need vacations ;-)

The first item: title of the module should be displayed... is working on my tests. I will take a look at the code to see if I can find why it not always work (I think it is template related but it seems like I can override that).

For the second item: thank you for the suggestion. Thinking about it, instead of just one field:

Any : X

I should have two fields instead and do something like

Any (min): X
Any (max): Y

That gives the choice to either get only items that match X tags for instance (when X = Y) or items that match X tags at minimum and Y tags at maximum. Your suggestion makes perfect sense.

I will work on that next week and let you know when it is ready :-)

Thank you!

Olivier.
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #4915 by r_palczewski
I'm using T3 Blank Template from www.t3-framework.org if it could help somehow. I'm searching if it could be a problem with my modifications but no results for now. It's great to hear that my suggestions will be implemented :)
best regards,
r.
The following user(s) said Thank You: syw

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4916 by syw
Hello Robert,

I can confirm that the module title not showing issue is related to the template you are using AND the advanced parameters you have set in the module ('module style' from the 'advanced' tab).

Technically, the template's file modules.php needs to take care of the module title for the style you have selected.

I have implemented:
Any (at least) and Any (at most).

I am sending you the extension file so you can test it with your data set.

Olivier.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by syw.

More
6 years 4 months ago #4917 by r_palczewski
Hello Olivier,
I checked this on clean joomla with prostar, and module title is not displayed if 'module style' is set to default. After change, it is displayed. In my case when I'm using T3 template I set to html5 and it's working fine without any further actions. If there is no possibility to override this I suggest to add short info about it under "Module Style" option.

Matching tags with 'at least' and 'at most' parameters is working just fine. It is very individual setting, when it's working well and when not. In my case, with about 1k articles, and when each of them has from 3 to about 10 tags I choosed 3 to 6 with pretty good result. Almost all tested articles have related items and theirs matchings are more than satisfying. I didn't experienced big difference in loading time. I think that 'related content' plugin is real 'related content' plugin now ;)

best regards,
r.