I experienced a jquery issue on a site I'm building which uses the Joomlart k2 filter module on one page. I installed jquery easy free plugin and the issue was instantly fixed without adjusting any settings.
However the Ignite gallery I was using on other pages was broken as it needed v 1.12 jquery. This configuration worked for everything but broke the slicknav mobile menu only on the page with the filter module, it worked for everything else.
So I purchased jQuery Easy Profiles so I could apply the different configurations, but for some strange reason none of the jquery versions now seem to work on the filter page. Both the filter and the slicknav menu are broken on this page.
I am puzzled as to why the settings I originally had in the free plugin and which worked, now no longer seem to work. The error I'm getting:
TypeError: jQuery.browser is undefined
The site is not live on the domain, but I've included a 24 hour preview link which I can update if needed:
I don't know what your configuration is right now after moving on to jQuery Easy Profiles, but I would suggest you login in the frontend as Super User and that, in the backend, you set jQuery Easy Profiles to show the report tool for the Super User. This way you will see what the plugin does on the loaded page.
You should get pretty much the same results using jQuery Easy or jQuery Easy Profiles if you don't enable any of the jQuery Easy Profiles extra parameters.
thank you for your reply.
The module was actually set to use jquery 1.8 on this page, that I think was the default setting that worked before. So I think it shouldn't need migrate?
However when I looked at the source code on the page it was loading 1.12 which is what the other pages were set to load.
I have assigned the module to the page by the menu setting. I've also tried adding the URL and also assigning it to the Filter component.
I tried enabling migrate anyway but there was no change.
I enabled the support tool but couldn't see any additional information when I navigated to the page.
I decided to go back to the beginning and start again, so I disabled the jquery easy modules and the plugin.
And then I found that everything now works without jquery easy!!!! The filter, the menu and the galleries.
I remain utterly perplexed (not the first time when it comes to jquery), but at least it's all working now.
Yours in total bafflement
Well, glad it is working now!
Something was probably different when you installed jQuery Easy initially.
I was gonna offer to take a look but I guess I don't need at the moment
Give it a few more days with testing to make sure everything is working properly.
There is money back in the 30 days after your purchase so if you need a refund, just let me know in a few days!
Thanks for your help Olivier and sorry for late reply. I have been diverted.
I have covered the cost so will hang onto the extension in case of further problems. I have to upgrade K2 so that could rock the boat.
Simplify Your Web is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Joomla! Project™ or Open Source Matters. The Joomla!® name and logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.