Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Help

More
5 years 2 months ago #5122 by rmurray525
Help was created by rmurray525
Hello, 
I know NOTHING about JQuery.  We are adding an HTML5 player to our Joomla install and were told we needed to add JQuery.  I added your extension in hopes that it would do this for me, yet my stuff still is not working.  

Can this extension "install" JQuery for me?  If Not, could you guide me in to what I need to do?
I would appreciate any help you might be able to give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #5123 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Help
Hello,

yes, you can use the jQuery Easy plugin to add jQuery to the public side of your site.
It is just a matter of enabling the plugin, selecting 'jQuery' and then the jQuery version you wish to use. 

Now, do you need jQuery ? Not sure, it may already be loaded by your template (since jQuery is packaged with Joomla, there is a big chance jQuery is already present).

Now does your HTML 5 player needs jQuery? Not sure either, if the player is HTML5 compliant, jQuery should not be required.

Check the source code of the HTML page you have the player. Look for a file with jquery in the name. If you find one, there is a big chance jQuery is already present.

If not, enable jQuery Easy. Then check the page again. A good idea would be to enable 'show report' (it is a plugin parameter) to see if the plugin really adds jQuery.

Olivier.

More
5 years 2 months ago #5127 by rmurray525
Replied by rmurray525 on topic Help
I checked and the audio developer says it needs JQuery.  As far as my instance having it or not, I have no clue as I have never needed to mess with it or not.
I currently have my version to the latest version.  I have selected JQuery as well.

One thought: i downloaded the free version.  I have recently seen that it doesn't work in the header.  I did have to install header coding.  Could this be my issue?

Again, I know nothing about JQuery...any help is appreciated.

More
5 years 2 months ago #5128 by rmurray525
Replied by rmurray525 on topic Help
Here is the report I received.  Does this help any?
 jQuery is loaded by the template Bootstrap is loaded by the template re-ordered header libraries removed 1 
jquery-noconflict.js
 script(s) removed jQuery library 
/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js?19b7d69af66f06f341d972b88530c82e
 removed jQuery library 
http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.0.1/jquery.min.js
 added the jQuery library 
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8/jquery.min.js
 removed 1 Migrate script(s) added the script 
/plugins/system/jqueryeasy/jquerynoconflict.js
 removed 4 empty script tag(s)

More
5 years 2 months ago #5130 by syw
Thank you for the info!
I don't know where you read that, but the free version of jQuery Easy works on the whole page, including the header. The pro version allows you to limit processing to the header only.

Olivier.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #5131 by syw
The report does help!

It tells me that jQuery was loaded on your pages BEFORE even using the jQuery Easy plugin.
You actually had a conflict between jQuery versions, since 2 distinct versions were loaded on the page (1.12 packaged with Joomla and 2.0.1).
Now, in jQuery Easy, you need to enable 'add noconflict script'. It is missing here.

After that, if the player still does not work, it can mean that your jQuery version (which is set to 1.8 ) may be too old and you need to select a newer version (1.12 or newer). Note that if you do, you will need the script 'Migrate' as well (set in jQuery Easy).

Finally, if you have a URL I can look at, that would help me help you :-)

Olivier.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by syw.