Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

check Problem with displaying the logo image twice

More
9 years 3 months ago #4016 by biltong
Hi Olivier,

I've come across a problem with the Weblinks Logos - displaying the logo image twice and the li icon.

You will see on this page .

I noticed this today and it was fine a couple of days ago. In between I have installed other extensions and general work in building the site so not sure what it could be.

I've had a look at a few possible causes but struggling to work it out.

Have you come across this before?

I'm wondering whether this is a JS conflict. I have unpublished some extension to see if they are the culprits but this has not helped.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #4017 by admin
Hello,

the issue you are having is that you do not have any styling on the logos. Reason is, the CSS file does not have the right permissions. You can see it when trying to open the CSS file in the code source:
You don't have permission to access /joomla3/modules/mod_weblinklogo/style.css.php

You need to change the file permissions in order for the module to work properly. Do a search on that topic in this forum and you will find some solutions, in case you are not familiar with file permissions.

You may have changed your server settings or installed an extension that change server settings (like the file .htaccess).

Olivier.

More
9 years 3 months ago #4018 by biltong
Replied by biltong on topic Problem with displaying the logo image twice
Thanks Olivier, problem resolved.

To confirm, for others experiencing the same problem with this extension:

This is a permissions issue, which was introduced when I installed Admin Tools, disallowing access to this file which needs to be accessed modules/mod_weblinklogo/style.css.php, according to Olivier @ Simplify Your Web.

Adding this in Admin Tools htaccess Maker resolved the problem.

Under the Exceptions Heading -> Allow direct access to these files, add the following then recreate the .htaccess.

modules/mod_weblinklogo/style.css.php

More
9 years 3 months ago #4019 by admin
Thank you for the feedback on that resolution!

Olivier.