Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Images and Links

More
9 years 2 months ago #4004 by DaveOzric
Replied by DaveOzric on topic Images and Links
I am referring to the link in the image and links section on the backend. I am using the Meta Description option not article text option so that is not an option.

I thought for sure I had it all figured out. Why you can't enable this to show the link from there on the blog layout is odd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #4005 by DaveOzric
Do you know how to override them to show on a blog layout not just in article view?

There's a intro image, why not a intro link as well?

More
9 years 2 months ago #4006 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Images and Links
I think I don't understand what you mean. What do you actually call the blog layout? The backend console (administration)? And what do you call the 'link in the image'? You are getting me confused lol.

Olivier.

More
9 years 2 months ago #4007 by admin
Ok. I am sorry, I did not write the Joomla framework.
I am just working with what is available right now :-)

Olivier.

More
9 years 2 months ago #4008 by admin
You can probably override the blog layout for what you need but you will have to use the template override technique for that.

Olivier.

More
9 years 2 months ago #4009 by DaveOzric
I'm sorry, it's somewhat confusing to me too. I am not referring to the editor to add content.

In the create an article there are tabs for the content, publishing, images and links, etc. If you add a link to say link A it will only display on the article when opened directly on the frontend. If it's on a category blog the link does not show up for some reason.

So adding this to the latest news module will not work for me unless I can override the Joomla layout to show these links in the blog layout too.

This is the first time I have used images and links to display images or links outside the normal editor.

I am looking to completely customize the module information to be separate from the article content. So using the meta description and into image works, but I need a darn link to a external website too.