Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Loading old JQuery version for ImageMapster

More
5 years 2 months ago #5116 by johwin61
I use ImageMapster for some graphical image map functionality. However, that plugin needs to use an old JQuery version:
<script src="scripts/jquery.1.7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="scripts/jquery.imagemapster.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
But other packages, such as Jevents, wont run properly with that old JQuery version. So I have tried to understand how to use JQuery Easy to solve this problem, but obviously don't quite understand what to do. JQuery Easy removes the line loading the old JQuery version and  I guess that's why ImageMapster wont work like intended.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to solve  this kind of problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #5117 by syw
Hello!

jQuery v1.7 is not very old and you should be able to make imageMapster work with newer versions of jQuery as long as you use Migrate alongside jQuery.

Migrate turns deprecated features into working code and can even tell you what is not properly working in your old scripts.

There is a tutorial on this site that explains how to check and update old scripts: simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/tutori...bility-with-jquery-3

I believe you will be able to fix your issues with the use of Migrate.
To get more familiar with Migrate, you can follow those links at jQuery.com (github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/#readme) and on this site at simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/jquery...07-do-i-need-migrate

Olivier.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by syw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.