Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle JavaScript error

More
8 years 4 months ago #4443 by MWALTHER
JavaScript error was created by MWALTHER
Since i did run JQuery i have a JavaScript error on my website. Something is calling the 'tooltip' function of jQuery UI and it's not available on the web page.

This is What i get from a template provider:

It is not Vik Rent Items though, it must be another plugin calling that function. Please try to check all the plugins enabled for the back-end because something is stopping the loading of some Joomla libraries. From what I know, "jQuery Easy" only works for the front-end, it should not be touching the back-end. If the plugin is enabled then make sure it is not touching the back-end. Otherwise, the same plugin could fix the error by loading the jQuery UI library also for the back-end.

Vik Rent Items doesn't need jQuery UI, it just needs jQuery basic and that's available in the whole back-end. However, something is calling the 'tooltip' function in the back-end and this is not available. This is stopping the whole jQuery framework to work, even the basic functions.
You just need to locate who is using the 'tooltip' function and stop it or you need to find who is stopping jQuery UI to be loaded in the back-end so that the function 'tooltip' will be available.

How can i fix this?

Many Thanks for you help.

Regards

Markus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4444 by admin
Replied by admin on topic JavaScript error
Hello Markus,

indeed, jQuery Easy for Joomla 3 is not setup to fix problems in the administrator side of websites. These cases are really rare. Unfortunately, your site seems to be part of those rare situations where there are conflicts in the backend.

As far as I know, the tooltip function is called by the framework and does not require the jQuery UI library. I have tooltips enabled on my test sites but no jQuery UI is loaded. And I don't have javascript errors .

I cannot really say more since I have no idea what the source code of your site looks like or what extensions you are using.

The best method when it comes to finding what extension is originating the problem is to uninstall the suspicious ones and see if the problem persists. If everything works fine after uninstalling 'Vik Rent Items' (or any other extension), then you will know there is a problem of incompatibility between that extension and the rest of the site. Once you know where the problem lies, you can ask for support for that extension.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.