Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Can't resolve conflict with Zefania plugin

More
8 years 5 months ago #4414 by Aradise
Replied by Aradise on topic Can't resolve conflict with Zefania plugin
Sorry to keep coming back (I realize I only paid like $10 for this) on this issue. I set up the plugin as you recommended, cleared my cache, refreshed the page and no change.

Also, when the plugin is turned on, we cannot save edits to article in the front-end.

What I don't understand is "make sure the libraries are loaded in the perfect order."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4415 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Can't resolve conflict with Zefania plugin
No problem Tony. I am here to help.

The libraries need to be in a certain order to avoid conflicts.
Simply put, MooTools must be loaded after jQuery.
Which is the case in your pages now that the plugin is enabled.
It also removed an extra conflict declaration.

I am out of ideas right now... there are no javascript errors, which makes it impossible to debug.

Olivier.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by admin.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4416 by admin
I must add:
it seems like you are using Joomla 3 and a template or extension that uses MooTools. The Joomla versions do not load MooTools anymore, removing a lot of potential issues between MooTools and jQuery.
I think you should reconsider using any extension or template that re-injects MooTools into your Joomla configuration... Otherwise, you are losing the benefits of the Joomla 'cleanup'.
Just my 2 cents...

Olivier.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4417 by Aradise
Replied by Aradise on topic Can't resolve conflict with Zefania plugin
RocketThemes cracks me up! They recommended your plugin then tells me this:

"yeah, RokSprocket loads Mootools alright... but that's one of the main points of his plugin, to help resolve conflicts between the 2 libraries... so his advice here is strange...

you might similarly try JCH Optimize extension... it combines scripts which can also help resolve conflicts"

More
8 years 5 months ago #4418 by admin
I sure would prefer users not to have to rely on a solution fix like jQuery Easy.

There are cases where no fix is really available. None of the extensions or templates made for Joomla is tested to work with all of the other extensions. So developers try and make their extensions as good as possible to prevent such conflicts. There are good practice coding paradigms to follow but developers are free to follow them or not.

I don't really see how I can help you any further here. There are no 'visible' errors in the front end, the plugin jQuery Easy does what it is supposed to do but problems remain.

At this point, either you get help from the developers (but it seems like you already did, with more or less success unfortunately) or you just try and find a replacement for one of the extensions that brings the issues encountered.

There is no evidence the issues here are linked to MooTools - jQuery conflicts. No faulty code can prove me good or wrong. So only swapping extensions/templates can help you figuring this out.

(I wish I had a better answer for you...)

Olivier.