Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

lightbulb-o How to - jquery ui dialog in joomla articlel

More
10 years 4 months ago #3415 by mamboze
Hi,
I installed jquery ui etc using the jquery easy plugin with the aim of placing a dialog widget in a joomla article but I don't know how to proceed from here. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #3416 by admin
Hello,
this is not a simple task.
First, you may want to install a plugin that will allow you to enter javascript code into an article with a system like
{plugin-for-javascript} javascript code here {/plugin-for-javascript}
Then add jQuery-ready code in between the brackets to test that everything works correctly. A simple change of color for a layer would be simple enough, something like
jQuery(document).ready(function($) { 
$('span').css('color', 'yellow'); 
});
Once you are sure the simple jQuery works, add your code for your jQuery UI. You will find plenty of examples on the Internet on how to add a dialog into your code with jQuery UI.

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by admin.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3417 by mamboze
I already have jquery working on the website, having placed the various js files in the template javascript folder and included them in the script section of the index.php. You may care to check it out on the site, english2theword.com, Here, jquery is providing the functionality for audio and various visual effects.

My problem is how to place the jquery ui dialogs several times in individual joomla articles containing English/Thai word pairs (see Word Sets).

Thanks for your help

More
10 years 4 months ago #3418 by mamboze
I have jquery code playing audio files on-click and also providing various graphic effects, see english2theworld.com (still work in progress).

I've installed jquery ui using jQuery Easy. I intend to use the dialog widget multiple times in single joomla articles. I've installed a dialog on an single stand alone web page, no problem :) but I'm not sure quite how to go in joomla tho.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3419 by admin
Hello,
I have tried to access your site but it does not go through.
My previous post really answers your question.
Look at jqueryui.com/dialog/ for an example on how to code the dialog boxes.

Olivier.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3420 by admin
I answered before seeing your last post.
I have never done what you are trying to achieve but I would think that you just need to add a different id to every div that will represent your dialog boxes.

Olivier.