Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Explanation...

More
12 years 1 week ago #282 by Spider
Explanation... was created by Spider
Hi Admin:
I am very interested in a 'lay person's explanation' of this plugin. I have tried to follow the various explanations; but can't quite make sense of them. I have installed it on a site that I manage and have not seen any 'differences', although I know it may not 'show' anything.
My understanding is that it is connected to JAVA and with MOOTOOLS... somehow it assists in avoidance of conflicts.

Any chance of a short 'tutorial'...?

Thanks,

Spider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #283 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Explanation...
Hello,
there are a couple articles I have put online on the site that talk about jQuery and MooTools and I have put a couple links on the plugin page that give you information on the 'no conflict' case.
jQuery Easy plugin is meant to take out the mess that can arise when a lot of different extensions install their own jQuery libraries, multiplying the chances of code conflict.
It works out of the box in most cases, but it may require 'tweaks' when things are getting more complex.
There is no tutorial because correcting conflicts on websites is on a case-by-case basis, no 2 sites have the same configuration.

Have you had issues on your site due to jQuery conflicts?

Olivier.

More
12 years 1 week ago #284 by Spider
Replied by Spider on topic Re: Explanation...
Hi Oliver:

Thanks for the response. I will take a look at your suggested resources, again! I did have some conflicts previously... I installed the plugin to try to be proactive in eliminating possible future problems.

Cheers,

Tony

More
12 years 1 week ago #285 by Spider
Hi Oliver:

I will take a look at your articles, again! I installed the plugin in order to be preventative on this site: www.pdacl.ca
But I have in the past had some issues and have always been able to solve them with help from the template designer or the component or modules modules.

Thanks for taking a look at this!

Spider

More
12 years 1 week ago #286 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Explanation...
I will work on a tutorial this week and let you know when it is ready and where to find it.
I have taken a look at your site, I do not see any problem, everything seems to be configured correctly. If you have any issue, please let me know where and what does not work so I can focus on it.
You have no idea on how many people ask for my help on problems they have with their website...

Olivier.

More
12 years 1 week ago #287 by Spider
Hi Oliver:
I have been pretty independent and have several sites that I created and subsequently manage. The template I use on my site is by RocketTheme and so are some of the modules. Other sites are configured with JoomlaBamboo... I have struggled at times with those and their JQuery and mootools; but always found a way around. I am sure that your plugin would have helped a lot!
It will be interesting to see what your 'tutorial' looks like when it is done. So, thanks very much for myself and for others who may also benefit from your work.

Tony