Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle Order - Alpha Asc / Alpha Dec

More
11 years 4 months ago #1271 by soundude
Order - Alpha Asc / Alpha Dec was created by soundude
Just loaded the module last night and am really liking this. great display and look and back-end friendly.
The only issue I have is I would like to sort by alpha however there is not an option available.
Is there code I can modify to allow such.
Thanks in advance.
the url currently testing is www.voyageairguitar.com/notable-singers-...s-playing-voyage-air

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1272 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Order - Alpha Asc / Alpha Dec
Hello,
nice page.
Articles are not really set to be ordered this way that is why there is no option for it. It is not like a contact page. You are using the module in an unusual way and that is great!
The easy way would be to order your articles the way you want them to show in the admin console. Other than that, you will have to mess with the helper.php file for the ordering in the database query (line 80 and later).

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1273 by soundude
Replied by soundude on topic Re: Order - Alpha Asc / Alpha Dec
Thanks for the nice remarks on the page and insight to what I am trying to accomplish - I commented the helper.php as case 't_dsc': $ordering = 'a.title DESC'; break;
case 't_asc': $ordering = 'a.title ASC'; break;

then the xml file as
<option value="t_dsc">MOD_LATESTNEWSENHANCED_VALUE_TITLEDESC</option>
<option value="t_asc">MOD_LATESTNEWSENHANCED_VALUE_TITLEASC</option>

it seems to be working as I desired it to however the back-end options are pretty ugly :)
the option in the drop down is module appears as the line inserted into the xml file, which is really not problematic just not nice looking. any insight to this?
thanks for your assistance

More
11 years 4 months ago #1274 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Order - Alpha Asc / Alpha Dec
Great!
I would suggest you find the module language file under /languages and add the keys you have added on there. Or use the language manager in the overrides section.

Olivier.