Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

check custom field not editable from the frontend

• onderzoekspraktijk
  • onderzoekspraktijk's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #4836 by onderzoekspraktijk
custom field not editable from the frontend was created by onderzoekspraktijk
Hi,

I made custom fields, and these are visible in the frontend when a logged in user clicks the edit form. The standard contact fields are visible and these can be edited. The custom fields are not editable from the frontend.

I made these fields from the backend using the contact component. I have set access to Public, and also to Rgeistered. This does not change anything.
I did set the with plugin user - Edit Contact in Profile. Using the setting Edit Custom Fields for "All fields" and also the more specific "Additional: Postal Address". But this does not solve the issue.

The strange thing is, that when I login as superuser I can edit these fields in the frontend without any problem.
So I presume this i an ACL setting problem. However, I cannot find anything in the ACL settings for this.
The problem is the complete form is visible, also the custom field, and alle fields are editable from the frontend by the user him-/her-self, but not the custom field.
My question is: what did I overlook, or is this a bug?

I am working with Joomla 3.7.5, and php version 7.0.21, and Trombinoscope version 2.7.0.
Also I am using the Easy Profile plugin, which works together with Trombinoscope. The profile is edited with the Trombinoscope fields integrated inside.

Any help much appreciated!

Thank you.

Greetings,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #4837 by syw
Hello Paul,

you are missing a key piece of the puzzle, which can be easily forgotten.
Go to simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/trombi...l-configuration/form and you will see what you are missing at the bottom of that page.

The custom fields, when used in forms, must get proper access for edition of their value in the frontend.

Go to the custom field definition, then go to the 'permissions' tab and change the value of 'Edit custom field value' for the public access.

This, I think, is what is missing for you.

Olivier.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by syw.

• onderzoekspraktijk
  • onderzoekspraktijk's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #4838 by onderzoekspraktijk
Replied by onderzoekspraktijk on topic custom field not editable from the frontend
Ah: never saw that.

I was still loooking when I got your e-mail. I did discover and acl setting for all customfields after clicking the genreal Options button for the contact component. This also did the trick, but is much more general.

Thanks very much for the assist.

Greetings,
Paul

More
6 years 7 months ago #4839 by syw
You are welcome Paul!

Olivier.