Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Transition from 2.4.4 to 2.5.0

More
7 years 3 months ago #4696 by pkolenbr
Transition from 2.4.4 to 2.5.0 was created by pkolenbr
Currently I'm using Trombinoscope Contact Pro v 2.4.4 on my Joomla 3.6.4 website. As I was notified by Joomla to upgrade TCP to v2.5.0 I downloaded v 2.5.0 and installed it. Unfortunately this installation completely broke TCP on my website: the lay-out was a mess, all thumbnails were gone, I had no idea where to start to repair it. So I decided to revert back to v2.4.4 and everything was looking fine again.

What steps do I need to take in order to smoothly upgrade from 2.4.4 to v2.5.0?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #4697 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Transition from 2.4.4 to 2.5.0
Hello,

I am sorry about your issues with the update.

First, as mentioned on the site on the download page (just above the license agreement), you have the message:

DO NOT INSTALL MAJOR UPDATES ON PRODUCTION SITES.
Test the migration first.
Read the online documentation section Updating older versions to complete the migration successfully.

The link provided takes you to the section of the documentation where all information about the update is provided.

www.simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/tr...ating-older-versions

Major updates are any X.0.0, X.Y.0 versions. Minor versions are X.1.1, X.1.2...

Second, the fact that after the update you see scramble layouts only means that the stylesheets were not taken into account.

Several causes possible:
- a refresh of the browser page (possible but probably not the issue) was needed,
- you have an outside caching system in place for your website (Cloudflare for instance) or are using an extension that caches pages, other than the regular Joomla caching system,
- the cache folder of the Joomla configuration does not have proper privileges (TCP now uses the Joomla cache )

If you can test the update on a test site that is accessible and you are still having issues, please send your credentials to [email protected] and I will take a look for you.

Olivier.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by syw.

More
7 years 3 months ago #4698 by pkolenbr
Replied by pkolenbr on topic Transition from 2.4.4 to 2.5.0
Hello Olivier,

Thank you for your feedback!

Unfortunately I don't have a testsite available to test these updates. After reading the 2.5.0 comments I just tried to upgrade again. It appears you're right, I've got a permission error on style_trombinoscope_136.css in the Joomla cache directory. After making the corrections on the permission I reloaded the site, and now the stylesheet is properly loaded and the site looks good again.

Problem solved! Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,
Paul

More
7 years 3 months ago #4699 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Transition from 2.4.4 to 2.5.0
You are welcome Paul,

I am very glad it worked out in the end!

Olivier.