Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Question regarding Hover Effect

More
7 years 8 months ago #4582 by nsheehan
Question regarding Hover Effect was created by nsheehan
Noticed that the Hover Effect only seems to work when the user is logged in.
Using the latest version (2.40), however I did notice prior to updating, was curious if the update would resolve the issue, it didn't.

Looking at the CSS, when logged in the classes user are "picture hvr-grow-rotate" however when not logged in the "hvr-grow-rotate" class is missing.

Just a little annoyance. :)

Thank you.
Niall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4584 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Question regarding Hover Effect
Hello Niall,

the hover effect is 'effective' if the contact is linked. If contacts are only accessible to registered users (the link to contacts parameter with a non-public access), then there won't be any effect on the picture for public view. The hover effect is meant to give feedback to users that a link exists and that they can 'click' it.

Note that if you see a problem, don't hesitate to contact me. Waiting for an update for a problem to be resolved may result in disappointment if the issue is not fixed after all. I can only fix issues I discover and those reported by users.

:-)

Olivier.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4585 by nsheehan
Replied by nsheehan on topic Question regarding Hover Effect
Good morning. I did figure out why this was happening, however there seems to be a larger issue.
If you go to joomla.rppeo.ca:8443/home2/staff-contact-list and select a user an error page is displayed. The error is:
ERROR: 1054
Unknown column '16cindy' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT name FROM #__contact_details WHERE id = 16cindy-pollock

The URL for the contact appears as:
joomla.rppeo.ca:8443/ottawa-staff/129-st...llock?referer=module

The issue seems to be the ?referer=module removing this or changing it to ?referrer=module (two r's in referrer not one referer) brings up the contact page. I believe this was introduced with 2.40, I had 2.33 installed prior to the update today.

Thank you again,
Niall

More
7 years 8 months ago #4587 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Question regarding Hover Effect
I will reply to your last question on the other post you have created. It is a totally different issue.
I am actively looking into that one. All works well on all my test, demo and main sites, which makes it harder to figure out.

Olivier.