Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file SobiPro Modal Category selector issue

More
9 years 5 months ago #3900 by tescojim
SobiPro Modal Category selector issue was created by tescojim
Hi,

To be honest Im quite desperate about my problem.
I have the SobiPro category selector which doesnt work properly and I think this is not a SObiPro related issue but Im unable to solve it or find the issue.
It might be caused by my template but Im not a programmer to find it out or fix it.
So here is a video about the issue:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qr08sPQPCY
I want to select a category but sobipro category chooser JS reloads multiple times. I checked it by Firebug.
I can select 1 category but when I want to remove it and select another category I can't. The old category remains in the list. I have to wait until the script reloaded 50 times and then remove it and select a new one. It must be some JS conflict issue I think. I installed your plugin but Im not sure what I need to set up in it.

Could you help me please? I can send you access to my backed and a link to the problematic category chooser.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3901 by admin
Replied by admin on topic SobiPro Modal Category selector issue
Hello,
can you give me the link for the page you are having your issue on? I need to see what is going on in the browser console.
Thank you!

Olivier.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #3902 by tescojim
Replied by tescojim on topic SobiPro Modal Category selector issue
Hi,

Here is the affected url: www.vinnumber.info/database/entry/add.html
To see and test it you will need to log in first.
This is your super user access:

Your plugin has also been installed but I didn't ha luck with it.
I changed the Joomla template and turned off various JS but nothing changed. Sobipro calls their jquery multiple times therefore I can't remove the category or/and add a new one.

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by tescojim.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3903 by admin
Hello,
thank you for the info.
This is nothing that can be fixed with jQuery Easy. There is no conflict, no jQuery issue. The scenario you stated DOES work, but, only if you are patient...
When selecting/unselecting categories, it generates JSON calls (up to 60) every time you make a change. Which makes the whole process really slow. Therefore, by the time you select another category, the page has not finished loading its data and still works on the previous action. I have tried adding/removing categories, watching the browser console, and waiting for all the JSON calls to go through before doing anything else. When I wait for all the calls to go through, I get normal behavior. When I don't wait, I get the issues you showed in the video.
If the category selection is a Sobipro feature, then you definitely have to get support from them, as this category selection is not efficient at all.

Olivier.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3904 by tescojim
Replied by tescojim on topic SobiPro Modal Category selector issue
Thank you.
I really appreciate you help.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3905 by admin
You are welcome!

Olivier.