Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Jquery easy works on joomla 2.5 not on joomla 3

More
9 years 6 months ago #3833 by daddydoc
Hi,
i'm rebuilding my site on joomla 3.3.6 and i'm having the same identical conflict coming from jquery with the core joomla mootools i had when i built my site on Joomla 2.5. Last time i magically solved with Jquery Easy but now it doesn't work and i don't know why.
Any suggestion?
This is the link to the site under construction.
www.new-events.it/demo/ibis3/index.php

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3834 by admin
Hello ,
I don't see anything ultimately wrong from looking at the code, other than a best choice would be to select the jQuery version from the Joomla framework (one of the options in the jQuery versions) and make sure you don't have multiple instances of the jquery 'no conflict' code.
One major difference from your Joomla 2.5 version is that MooTools was the core component of the framework, with possible extensions loading jQuery. Now, in Joomla 3, you are in the situation where jQuery is loaded with the framework and extensions (like easlideshow) bring back MooTools into it.

Olivier.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3835 by daddydoc
Thank you very much for answer.
I think I followed your instructions (i attached 2 screenshots) but this didn't make the trick. If you think jQuery Easy could solve my issue and you have other suggestions I'll be very grateful because i'm not a coder and i'm really stuck with it.

Thank you
David
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3836 by admin
Thank you David. The screenshots and the code prove to me that the plugin is setup correctly.
I don't think the error you are having on the slider (running on MooTools) is actually due to a conflict with jQuery.
Joomla 3 loads MooTools 1.4 and the module you use as slideshow was built for MooTools 1.1 and 1.2. I would suggest you contact the developers of the module and make sure their extension can actually work on Joomla 3.3.

Olivier.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by admin.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3837 by daddydoc
I will contact developer. For those about the slideshow i see it can work cos it's in the other two menus voices in the same position. But in the homepage something goes wrong.

Thank you David

More
9 years 6 months ago #3838 by admin
Let me know what the developers tell you, that may help me understand what is wrong here. Thank you!

Olivier.