Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file jQuery Easy and Jotcache

More
10 years 2 months ago #3527 by Lavers69
jQuery Easy and Jotcache was created by Lavers69
Hi Olivier

I have just installed a cache component called jotcache. Both jotcache and the jQuery Easy plugins need to be set to the last plugin postion. Do you know which one I should set as the last? My site is so slow that I really need the caching component, but jQuery Easy solved all my javascript problems!

Hope you can help

regards

Iain Laverock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #3528 by admin
Replied by admin on topic jQuery Easy and Jotcache
Hello Iain,
I do think the cache component should be called last (although I have not experimented on having both components working together) mainly because it can consolidate and cache your pages. jQuery Easy needs to have the full picture (all scripts visible and not consolidated into one...) in order to work properly. So jQuery Easy needs to do the work first then jotcache.
Let me know how it works out for you.

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3529 by Lavers69
Replied by Lavers69 on topic jQuery Easy and Jotcache
Hi Olivier

I moved the jotcache to the last plugin position, but it created a problem on the site. We have a photo gallery for our rental properties and the gallery wouldn't load properly (www.gosouthfrance.com/languedoc-roussill...leeps-4/details.html). Do you think that there is a work around because the speed improvements when jotcache is working are significant. For the time being I have disabled the jotcache plugin. I will contact the jotcache developer to see if it can still work if it is in the second last plugin position.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3530 by admin
I can see on the page you provided that the onAfterRender() call of the jQuery Easy plugin is ignored, therefore the plugin is just half way through its modifications. It is a matter of making sure jQuery Easy can do this call and not be bypassed by jotcache. Let me know what the developer thinks of it. In the meantime, I will download that plugin and see how it works.

Olivier.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3531 by Lavers69
Replied by Lavers69 on topic jQuery Easy and Jotcache
Thank you Oliver. As soon as I hear back from the jotcache developer I will let you know what he says.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3532 by admin
I installed jotCache on my test system (Joomla 3.2.2). So far I do not have any conflict, no matter the order.

Olivier.