Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Order by Finish Publishing date

More
10 years 8 months ago #2594 by butlins12
Order by Finish Publishing date was created by butlins12
I'm doing a very simple employment page for a Charity, and it would be really useful to be able to order by descending Finish Publishing date, so that the job with the most immediate deadline for applications is at the top, then the next etc.

I suppose if there's no finishing date specified, you could then default to either listing all of those at the top, move on to Published date, or filter them out, so they don't appear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2600 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Order by Finish Publishing date
Thanks for the post. This is a reasonable request and I understand how useful it can be. I will try and implement this feature in the next update of the module (I will do so for the commercial version also)

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by admin.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2748 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Order by Finish Publishing date
The next update is featuring this request. It will be downloadable in the next couple days, tomorrow hopefully. It was easier said than done actually. Brought in a few issues (what to do when there is no finishing date as you suggested, replacing 'X days ago' with 'In X days', 'Yesterday' with 'Tomorrow'...). Showing the time in the calendar became essential so the news items can be used to show future events.

Olivier.