Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Import from CSV fails

More
9 years 10 months ago #3630 by wirecreative
Import from CSV fails was created by wirecreative
Hi, I'm trying to import a CSV of 25 contacts. Each time, after I select the file to import and click the "Upload CSV file" button, the screen refreshes, the component menu in left column disappears ("Information," "Themes," etc,), and the message "No file chosen!" appears.

I'm using a CSV created with OpenOffice. I've tried removing potentially complicating fields and changing the delimiter, but I can't get any contacts to import at all.

(BTW, another useful feature would be "Import Contacts from Users")

Thanks,
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3631 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Import from CSV fails
Hello Greg,
please send me the file to [email protected] and I will test it on my own test site.
Thank you!

Olivier.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3643 by wirecreative
Replied by wirecreative on topic Import from CSV fails
Today I set-up a brand new Joomla site just to test this issue. I installed a few components that I use on the site I have in production and then Trombinoscope Extended. I got the same error trying to import contacts on the test site. So I one-by-one began uninstalling the other extensions and trying to import after each one.

It finally worked, but only after I uninstalled K2. I switched over to the production site and tried disabling JQuery in K2, but I was still unable to import contacts over there. I can't uninstall K2 on that site -- I have about 100 K2 items already set up on that site. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I think I've isolated the problem to K2.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3644 by admin
Thank you for this information!
I will try and reproduce this issue to find out if there is a conflict with any of the K2 libraries.
jQuery is not required for the import of contacts.

Olivier.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #3739 by admin
I have tried to find a solution for this issue for days. Although everything works fine in Joomla 2.5+ when K2 is installed, there is definitely a problem when K2 is installed in Joomla 3.1+.

So, indeed, K2 and TE seem incompatible when importing contacts. Why? I have no clue. I have tried and updated the code for TE but frankly, the controller is built the same way any other component is... When using debugging, there is no error whatsoever.

The only workaround I have now, for anybody who is stuck with the issue on a live website, is to disable the 'System - K2' plugin just for the time needed to import the contacts. No need to do any un-install of K2.

Thank you Greg for pointing me in the right direction.
I apologise for not having a 'clean' fix for this issue at the moment.

Olivier.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by admin.