Login Form

Login or register to buy licenses or to access software previously purchased.

If you are experiencing login issues, empty your browser's cache and try login from the downloads page. Still having trouble? Please contact us!
Postings

You can freely browse the forum. However, you need a valid license in order to post (own a valid commercial software license or have purchased a support membership).

Posts only show after being reviewed.

Topic-icon Re: Modifing Contacts queries

More
4 years 1 month ago #1572 by ClassBase
Hi Olivier,

I've modded in helper.php the fields that contained: '#__contact_details' to '#__ce_details', that is the name of the table for contact enhanced.

The problem is that when I click a link on a image or a card no contact is found (Joomla message).

Maybe there are other changes needed? like in:

if ($option == 'com_contact' && $view == 'contact' && $id) { // the content is a contact page

Just a guess ;-), i'm no coder.....

Please help by telling me what to change...

Frank

I've changed in line 69: $query->from('#__ce_details');

line 337: $query->from('#__ce_details AS cd');

p.s. the table for the contacts in Contact Enhanced is jos_ce_details, the component name is mod_contactenhanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1573 by admin
Hello,
there may be more changes to be done at the database level, I do not know what fields are available in the CE tables.
I don't know what version of Joomla! you are using Trombinoscope in, but you will also need to change getContactRoute functions in default.php with the way CE creates its contact links.
I do not know or own a copy of CE at this point so I cannot really offer you good support on that.

Olivier.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by admin.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #1591 by ClassBase
Hi Olivier,

Besides the changes as stated earlier (changed in helper.php the fields that contained: #__contact_details for #__ce_details) I've also searched in ALL Trombinoscope code (component back- and frontend AND the module) for com_contacts and replaced it for com_contactedenhanced.

As far as I have tested this morning it works flawless, so it seems that this will do the job to let Trombinoscope work with Contact Enhanced contacts.

Hope this helps other CE users ;)

Regards,

Frank

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #1595 by admin
Hi Frank,
that is great, thank you for posting your code modifications, that will certainly help other users.
I will look into adding CE support in the future.
Thanks again!

Olivier.