Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

map-pin 500 Error code

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by admin
500 Error code was created by admin
If you get a 500 error code, the contact links probably are not properly set in Joomla! when SEF is set to 'ON' and the menu item is missing.

For the contacts to show properly, you need to have a menu item where your contacts would show. Create a menu item that will show the category (or all the categories if your contacts are from several categories). You probably don't want this menu item in your menu but it needs to exist in order for the contacts to load in a page fit for them. Add .item-xxx {display:none} to your template stylesheet. This way, the menu item won't show (xxx is the menu item ID for the menu item created).

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1357 by [email protected]
Hi,

Is there any way to have this module work when SEF is set to 'ON'? I have tried creating a hidden menu page that holds all contacts from various categories but to no avail. Can you please help? The trombinoscope is a handy tool for displaying contacts but without the ability to click on each contact to view more, I will have to find an alternative.

See for yourself: www.climatexchange.org.uk/index.php/cxc-...rkstreams/adaptation
Contacts should be linked (in this case) to: index.php/component/contact/contact/27-adaptation/*contactID*
Instead, they link to: index.php/component/contact/*contactID*?Itemid=128
This of course returns 500 Error code.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

Paul Georgie

More
11 years 3 months ago #1358 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 500 Error code
Hello Paul,
this is an issue that has been fixed some while back and I was surprised you still have it. I have done more tests on my test site and I do not have an error 500 when I have SEO on or off. I have tried the Joomla! 2.5 one.
Note that having the paths as you specified does not lead to an error for me.
For what version of Joomla! are you using Trombinoscope for? What hidden menu page have you created (what type)?

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1359 by [email protected]
Hi Olivier,

I am using Joomla version 1.6 for the site. Although I created a hidden menu (contact category) this does not change the fact then when I switch the Basic Option "Link to Contact" in Trombinoscope to YES, it attempts to create the URL for each contact as:

index.php/component/contact/*contactID*?Itemid=128

The URL that would work would be:

index.php/component/contact/contact/27-adaptation/*contactID*

Of course, when I turn SEO off, there is no problem in loading the individual contact but my concern, even with this, is that it tries to load the individual contact at the top of the trombinoscope page, rather than on a separate page with the individual contact on its own.

Does this help? Should I try to uninstall and reinstate the module perhaps? I have had this installed for almost a year now...

Many thanks for getting back to me.

All the best,

Paul

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1360 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 500 Error code
You are telling me you have installed the module almost a year ago. Have you updated it regularly? If not, I would suggest you install the latest version as many bugs have been fixed, especially the SEO settings issues... (no uninstall needed) Please review the release notes to make sure there is nothing that could 'break' the parameters you have set.

As far as having the contact page appear on a separate page, that is the default behavior. You will have to change your Trombinoscope module's behavior (change the menu assignments) to your liking.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by admin.