Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Contacts List on every Contact subpage

More
11 years 3 months ago #1387 by kelnerrr
Contacts List on every Contact subpage was created by kelnerrr
Hello,

first of all thank you for creating this module : )

I have set Menu Assignments to a menu item.
My problem is that on every contact's subpage there is a full list of contacts.
I would like the list of contacts to appear only on the main page and after clicking the contact to see only the contact's detail.

The above behavior is when I set Menu Assignments (see Fig1).
I tried also to remove them and use {loadmodule "trombinoscope"} but the list looks awful and the links don't work (see Fig2). Moreover the ordering is faulty and default image (Joomla logo) doesn't show up (Nokia logo is the only I set).

Do you have an idea how to solve it so it works the way I described?

Best regards,
Piotr
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1388 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Contacts List on every Contact subpage
Hello Piotr,
I understand what you are trying to achieve but modules are just not meant to be used as full page content. Although you can somewhat do it technically, you will have to 'play around' with CSS so the contacts are not filling the content size as it is now. Try the plugin 'module as article' to show the module, it offers more options and works better than loadmodule I think. Or use loadposition with a unique position you would create yourself (that is not a position used by your template).
I would also suggest the more advanced component which will do exactly what you are trying to do (Trombinoscope Extended is a paid component)

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.